1.    #1  
    Well, not really Treo 650 specific, but a universal car/desktop PDA holder that works perfectly. Cost $28.95 at the AAFES BX, not sure if it is available elsewhere, but I would think you could get it anywhere. Full proper name on the package is Belkin OmniDock-L for handheld devices. UPC Code on the top of the barcode is F8U0802 and on the bottom of the bar code, 22868 51902.

Works great, and comes with cupholder mounts to transfer to the car. Has a set of spring loaded ratcheting clamps that press into the sides of the case. You remove the Treo by a pressing a set of lever arms on the bottom. The lever arms snap gently into place when you place the device against the cradle (there is a rubber switch that is pressed as you place the Treo in the cradle that releases the clamps against the sides of the device.

Cool rubber cups for the cup holders in your car. Multiple sizes for different sized cup holders. Flip any one of them upside down and use it on the desktop as pictured.

Perfect for me as I like to leave my Treo in the case at all times and I was sort of lamenting getting the cradle that would make me remove the Treo from the case every day.

This way, I never remove the Treo from the case. Bonus points for the increased height over the stock cradle, and I have it set to the lowest point for stability. As for stability, out of a score of 1-10, I put it at a 6. Rating a stock Palm cradle (not the Treo one as I do not have one, but say a T|3 cradle, I have one of those) as a 9 out of 10 for stability. If you give it a shove, it tips, but otherwise is very stable going in and coming out of the cradle as well as while attaching the cable to the bottom.

Color is perfect for my desktop, now if I could only get replacement speakers for my aging Cambridge Soundworks...

All in all, I am stoked. I got it today, didn't spend $74 and didn't get a whole slew of travel cables I have no need for, choice!

As a side note, Belkin makes this thing for iPods too, and I almost bought one, but it seemed just a tad too small for the Treo in the case, was not adjustable and was white, so I passed. Then this thing appeared, boy am I glad I passed on the iPod one!

Questions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nice find! Here's the link to it on Belkin's site: OmniDock-L
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Yes that is a good find. Thanks for sharing.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Nice find! Here's the link to it on Belkin's site: OmniDock-L
    Ouch, $39.99 plus shipping!!! I'll sell them for $35, shipped USPS....takers? , I'm kidding, I'm kidding....
    A search of Froogle shows a lot of other options.

With OmniDock-L it appears you never need another cradle again . SWEET!
    This just doesn't do it for me. You still have to plug in the cable separately. And putting the Treo into, or taking it out of the cradle is a two handed operation, even if you don't plug in the cable.

I much prefer the "drop-in" design of the Palm cradle. One handed operation, and it makes the sync/charge connections automatically.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    This just doesn't do it for me. You still have to plug in the cable separately. And putting the Treo into, or taking it out of the cradle is a two handed operation, even if you don't plug in the cable.

I much prefer the "drop-in" design of the Palm cradle. One handed operation, and it makes the sync/charge connections automatically.
    Yep, I hear ya....but works for me as I would have to pull mine out of the case to use the PalmOne cradle which is more of a pain in the a$$ then plugging in the cable...not meant as a post to sway anyone over, it is definitely not a replacement for the stock cradle, just an FYI of a viable alternative...I'm happy with it

Cheers
    Got mine and now I'll never need to buy another cradle again .

And the fact it can double as a car holder is an added plus!

The most functional dock/cradle I've seen yet!