1.    #1  
    My office uses an Avaya voice mail system that I have forwarded to my office e-mail. I have Avaya Voice Player on my desktop and can click on the voice.lvp attachment and listen to the message on my computer without having to pick up the phone and log into the voice mail system.

I now have GoodLink on my Treo 600, and can save these .lvp files to my sd card, but need a Palm OS5 compatible player to listen to them.

Does anyone know if Avaya Voice Player will work on the Treo, or if there is another voice player that will play voice.lvp files?

Thanks for any help.
    I can't find anything that can play LVP files on a Palm. LVP appears to be a special audio format developed by Lucent that has better quality and compression so that the file is small compared to WAV. I can't even find a program to convert from LVP to WAV.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    I can't find anything that can play LVP files on a Palm. LVP appears to be a special audio format developed by Lucent that has better quality and compression so that the file is small compared to WAV. I can't even find a program to convert from LVP to WAV.

Sounds like you are tying to do the same thing? Thanks for your quick response, and please let me know if you find something for this.
    I'm not doing the same thing. It was more curiosity since I had never heard of that type of file before. It doesn't look like the format of LVP files is documented for the public to view, so it would probably require Avaya to create a player for Palm devices.
    Avaya lvp player as feature to convert voice message (lvp) files to wav - and then can be played on palm (there are players/converters that handle wav files on palm os).
    MVoicemail by motionapps.com plays some voice mail files. They promised me their next version would support my 3Com NBX system (it uses wav - but a different "type" of wav they said). Not sure about the Avaya format but you can check or ask them.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I have been working on this for about 2 weeks now. I have a Treo 650 and my Avaya Release 7 Voice Messaging system sends them in .wav files. I have tried Mvoicemail by Motionapps.com and Lightwave with no luck. Did you ever find a solution?
    I also use message manager with these lvp files and would love an app that could play native lvp's. Unfortunately, I think that's a completely dead format. Avaya even dumped it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@CNI.net
    I have been working on this for about 2 weeks now. I have a Treo 650 and my Avaya Release 7 Voice Messaging system sends them in .wav files. I have tried Mvoicemail by Motionapps.com and Lightwave with no luck. Did you ever find a solution?

Can't you just play the wav file using ptunes?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions