Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    and here I am. Can someone please tell me what is the best way I can get everything (or most things) over from my 600 to my 650. And also, what will I need to upgrade to a 650 version of. Here are the most important things I kept on my 600 that i want to transfer over. Also, do I need to delete my old Palm Desktop?

aol 3.2.1

p tunes deluxe (old version, never upgraded, want to keep my shoutcast plus it seems that Real Player doesn't recognize ogg. files)

NesEm plus about 12 games or so

Metro

X Man

treo butler

i have tons more but those i use the most. please let me know. also, how does one sign offline on the 650? the 600 you could just press phone and you'd automatically be off, but now there is still an indication I am still online. Thanks in advance for the help.
    me
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You press and hold the red button on the right (power/hangup) - this will connect you to the service or disconnect, depending.

I would recommend copying your Palm backup folder to your desktop, uninstalling the Palm Desktop software and installing the new. You can then pick and choose which applications to copy over to the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedHelp
    how does one sign offline on the 650? the 600 you could just press phone and you'd automatically be off, but now there is still an indication I am still online. Thanks in advance for the help.
    me
    If you mean "how does one turn off gprs (the green arrows in your signal strength" You can turn it off in the web browser, or in Preferences->Network.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Don't mean to be picky, but has the Treo 600 even been out 2 years? I thought it was released October 2003.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Don't mean to be picky, but has the Treo 600 even been out 2 years? I thought it was released October 2003.
    correct
    as Holmes said, you do NOT want to just HotSync your 650 to the same desktop. Rename your backup folder to something else (backupOld), and probably copy it to your desktop or something. And like Holmes said, take out the old Palm Desktop,then install the 650 desktop. Do your HotSync of the 650, to establish your UserName on the 650, and then reinstall your apps. Yes, it's a pain, but that's what I did & I've had no problems at all.
    A little effort up front will save you from pain in the back end....
    I agree with Nrosser. Follow the PalmOne install procedures. Take it slow and be extremely careful with any app. you are going to transfer from your T600 to your T650. All it takes is one incompatible software and you join the "bash the Treo 650" gang. Mine was working flawless for 7 days until I installed a bad one and it was hell for about a few hours (continuous reset, network search, drop calls, etc.) I had to clean up my back up files, did a hard reset, and I'm now back to normal. You may have to upgrade or buy the latest version on many of your Treo 600 software to enjoy the awesome res. of the the T650.

Still having problems with my corrupted voicemail, so I'm going to the Cingular store tomorrow to get my SIM card replaced.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Don't just rename the backup folder - copy it somewhere outside of the Palm folder, otherwise the new install will wipe it out.
    2 year 600 owner just came home with my 650...
    I thought the Treo 600 was first released in October of 2003 with Sprint?

Nevermind, just saw a prior post make the same point. I wasn't intending to be rude either, just curious.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Maybe it seemed like two years...I can understand that!
    My advice:
    -Do a fresh install. Install app by app, database by database and do a test. It is very painful but I can ensure this will save you hours of frustration.
    -For e-mail I would use SnapperMail or Chatter.
    -Buy a good case and insurace if you have Sprint
    -The Scala 500 is one of the best and less expensive Bluetooth Headset. Buy one.
    -Get TreoGuard, Ringo, ptunes, 4cast, diddlebuy, verichat, win-hand, dimmer, btmute, kblightsoff, ledoff, msafe, clipPro.

You will know what I'm talking about.

Al