1.    #1  
    I just bought a Visor Delux. I want to be able to download my email from my PC desktop to my visor but am not sure how to do this via my current email provider (Yahoo!) I assume that I need some sort of conduit to enable me to do this...has anyone else had this problem and (hopefully) a solution? Or do I need to suck it up and switch to Microsoft Outlook which I know will work???
    Thanks.
    The Visor can synchronize with Outlook Express and Eudora out of the box. If you use any other email programs, you have to get a special conduit for it. I would recoomend that you get Eudora and set it up to retrieve your Yahoo! pop3 mail.
    Moving to softare.

------------------
    James Hromadka
    VisorCentral.com
    Personal Website: http://www.Hromadka.com
    Originally posted by dlieuwen:
    I just bought a Visor Delux. I want to be able to download my email from my PC desktop to my visor but am not sure how to do this via my current email provider (Yahoo!) I assume that I need some sort of conduit to enable me to do this...has anyone else had this problem and (hopefully) a solution? Or do I need to suck it up and switch to Microsoft Outlook which I know will work???
    Thanks.

dlieuwen,

The software provided with your Visor contains a mail conduit to sync mail with some popular desktop mail programs. As yardie mentioned, it can sync with Outlook Express and Eudora out of the box (and also any MAPI based application as well; like Outlook and cc:Mail).

Both Outlook Express and Eudora supports POP3-- which Yahoo! Mail can provide access to....you have to sign up for the POP3 access to your Y! Mail account (ahtough it's "free", the POP3 access will permit Y! to send you Y! SPAM. It's minimal but please read the agreement before you press the OK button).

Once you've signed up for POP3 access on Y! Mail, you can configure Outlook Express to periodically download new mail from your Y! Mail account. And then, you can sync your Outlook Express inbox with your Visor Mail application.