1.    #1  
    What am I missing? I don't have an SMS icon and haven't figured out how to send them yet on the 650.
  2.    #2  
    Okay forget it. I found it. Different/non-obvious icon.
    Non obvious being 'messaging'. Cool, and i love it when this happens, I love saying RTM
  4.    #4  
    Actually I searched the manual for SMS and it didn't answer my question at all. And the icon is completely different from the one on the 600 (which said SMS!) and there are lots of other things (email, voicemail, etc.) that could be messaging. Plus the icon has a picture and musical note, which makes no sense. Plus I'm using Launcher X which truncates the title.
    Last edited by masonuc; 02/25/2005 at 02:30 PM.
    I think scudder just likes saying he is smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    Actually I searched the manual for SMS and it didn't answer my question at all. And the icon is completely different from the one on the 600 (which said SMS!) and there are lots of other things (email, voicemail, etc.) that could be messaging. Plus the icon has a picture and musical note, which makes no sense. Plus I'm using Launcher X which truncates the title.
    From the index:
    Text Messaging, see Messaging

under Messaging there are a whole bunch of pages listed including page 75 which is the start of the chapter titled "Messaging". And on page 75 guess what it says: "also known as SMS"

now, sure it would have been great if SMS was in the Index also, but come on. You "Searched the manual" ??? Not too much.

oh and btw, the M in SMS stands for "Messaging"
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    From the index:
    Text Messaging, see Messaging

under Messaging there are a whole bunch of pages listed including page 75 which is the start of the chapter titled "Messaging". And on page 75 guess what it says: "also known as SMS"

now, sure it would have been great if SMS was in the Index also, but come on. You "Searched the manual" ??? Not too much.

oh and btw, the M in SMS stands for "Messaging"
    Problem solved. Let it go.