1.    #1  
    Okay, this is probably really asking for too much, but does any know of any Matlab like program for the Visor. I know it probably won't do convolutions/filtering with any great speed, but I thought it'd be a cool toy to play with on my Visor.
    AAAAAAAHHH!!

You EVIL EVIL person!! Saying that cursed word on this forum! And don't you dare say M*thmatica! (Bad experiences with both in college, though they are useful)

------------------
    -Petro
    Go to The Hunger Site and help eliminate hunger!
    All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!
    Go To The Rain Forest Site!
    Please go to each once a day! Every day!
    Although there is some pretty nifty advanced calculator software out there, I have yet to see anything approaching a computer algebra system for Palm OS. I have suggested on other boards at visorcentral that Texas Instruments ought to come out with a springboard that emulates a TI-89/92 (which uses Derive, similar to Matlab). I'd *really* like to see Waterloo Maple come out with a Maple 6 springboard. I know that maple makes a WinCE version, so a Palm OS version couldn't be much more of a leap, especially when you can put it all on a springboard. I asked some company reps about this at a workshop once and they thought it was a pretty good idea.

(Maple rules all over M*thematica, to echo the previous poster's sentiments... I had bad experiences with it in a differential geometry course in grad school. Type in a long sequence of code to plot a torus knot, then go get lunch and come back in an hour only to have the program tell you that you didn't capitalize "Cos"... grr!)

-bertbert
    Keep in mind that the DragonBall CPU in the Visor has no floating point capabilities. So unless someone produces a Springboard with a floating point coprocessor, any floating point math has to be done with emulation software. Floating point emulation = slow, so hardcore math software on the Visor may cause more pain than it eliminates
    Yes, but at least the work is already done. MathLib is in the ROM of the Visor. One would have to burn an extra 50k for it on a Palm.
    Calerga - Download

I don't have my old Treo anymore .

Try it out!

I know this thread is kind of old... but... Hopefully someone can see this and try it out...