1.    #1  
    To whom who may help me,

I'm using Rogers in Toronto with the unlocked GSM 650. I bought a Linksys USB BT adapter yesterday and set up the reverse DUN as described after the search in this forum.....as other ppl said..the DNS doesn't work via the Windows ICS..so I put a static DNS entry in my service under 'network'.

Right now, I have three services showing in there: "Internet" (locked), "Rogers Media" (locked), "LAN" (my own BT)

In my own LAN setting, I have "Connection" to local network, Fallback to NONE, Automatic IP Address and a static primary DNS, along with the CLIENT/CLIENTSERVER script.

As I don't know whether it'll connect via the GPRS via Rogers..I turn off the phone and take out the SIM.....Then I bring up the BT network...and I got established connection...so I tried pSSH with IP address and a hostname, both work. Then I tried to open blazer..it requires me to turn on the phone...I also tried AvantGo...it fails to go other sites with both hostname or IP address, just give me "Online connection error"...

The internet works fine if I put back the SIM card and turn on the phone...but I really wonder if I'm connecting to the internet via GPRS from Rogers or via the BT internet shared from my notebook... because it'll be a very big difference in term of the cost...Rogers is charging $100 for 100MB and $25 for 3MB per month...

With SIM in place and turn on the phone, I can go to intranet as well....

I want to know the "Internet" service under "Network"....whenever it asks me to connect to "Internet", does it mean it connects to the carrier's GPRS data network? Or I should call Rogers to have them to disable my GPRS connection....so if the internet can only connect via BT..

Now, I don't want to use Blazer or AvantGo until someone can confirm me that I'm 100% connecting to internet via BT than my carrier...I don't want to receive a bill next month saying I'm using their Data service for many megabytes for hundreds of dollars...

Thanx.
    I am also on Rogers and use Reverse DUN...I have noticed when using my bluetooth network at home the signal meter at the top right beside the battery icon will show a *Black Triangle* when using Bluetooth, *Green* arrows going left and right will show above the black bars when I am connecting to Rogers.

*A good way to test if you are using your BT or Rogers connection is too open blazer and go to http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed and notice at the bottom of the page it has a link for "your IP", when I select this I can do a whois on the IP and tell that it is using my Telus broadband connection...if I happen to be using the Rogers connection and do the same it will return a whois for this IP below..I am in Edmonton and assume we all use the same net connection on Rogers...so the same IP will likely show for you if you visit that URL and check your IP...using Bluetooth of course you will see your Home IP when you do this.

Host unreachable

209.153.192.0 - 209.153.255.255

Allstream Corp. Corporation Allstream
    200 Wellington Street West
    16th Floor
    Toronto
    ON
    M5V-3G2
    Canada

Allstream Corp IP Admin
    +1-514-940-5664
    ipadmin@allstream.com
    Riscalla, Andre
    +1-514-940-5664
    andre.riscalla@allstream.com

Abuse:
    Allsream Corp Abuse
    +1-866-772-6267
    abuse@allstream.com

NS1.BUSINESS.ALLSTREAM.NET
    NS2.BUSINESS.ALLSTREAM.NET

ALLSTREAM-19
    Updated: 2004-02-05
    Source: whois.arin.net

Hopefully this helps...
    Last edited by timexx8; 02/25/2005 at 04:33 PM.
    I had problems getting it to work that is till i noticed the setting in softick PPP that let it in via a com port.....
    associated the bluetooth virtual com port with softick and http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed gave me 143 kbit/sec in blazer from about 25 feet away...
    no problems, no issues and ptunes works great

oh yeah that was on the 200k test...the 100k says unstable/too fast a result

damn 5 feet away 2nd try at 200k......reset
  4.    #4  
    Great...it shows my ISP's IP...now, I feel safe to use ^^ thx..

for 200k test, I got 301 kbit/sec 0.304s latency 5.607s d/l time.

using linksys USB BT adapter...can use internet with BT inside the house...upto 1000 feet
    Another way to be sure you are connecting with your Bluetooth is on the PC you are sharing with click the Bluetooth icon in the tray right click and choose "explore" and then on the left click "Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood"...you will see your phone listed and notice when you attempt a connection to the Internet or email etc the red checkmark will change to green arrows.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    Another way to be sure you are connecting with your Bluetooth is on the PC you are sharing with click the Bluetooth icon in the tray right click and choose "explore" and then on the left click "Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood"...you will see your phone listed and notice when you attempt a connection to the Internet or email etc the red checkmark will change to green arrows.
    IC. thx...I wonder why some apps require to have the phone is on before they can further access the net..and they don't even bother to check the existing BT connection.