1.    #1  
    At first I thought something was wrong with my phone, but after experimenting, I figured out it was the extra digits feature when speed dialing using a favorite button. If you have the extra digits set to dial automatically, the entire phone becomes unresponsive almost as soon as you hit the favorite button, then magically becomes responsive again after the digits have dialed. Similarly, if you have the extra digits set to dial manually, as soon as you tap the extra digits button while on the call the phone again becomes unresponsive until it has finished dialing. By unresponsive I mean no side buttons, keyboard, or screen taps work. So if the call volume is too loud, you can't turn it down until the extra digits dial! If you have particularly long pauses built into your extra digits, this can really drive you nuts.

AGGRAVATING. Anyone else seeing this? Are there other dialing apps which might be a better solution?
    This is how it's supposed to work. The Treo 600 worked the same way. When dialing extra digits you can put pauses in there also, so the phone is "frozen" while it replays the string you have. All of my "normal" phones behave this way also if they are setup to dial long series of numbers. I don't know why you would expect this to be any different.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I actually find this very annoying. I see the reason, you don't want to accidentally interject a number in the sequence, but there have been times where I tapped the wrong button on the phone and the phone becomes frozen for several seconds. They should at least have enabled the END/Hang Up button so that I could cancel a misdialed number.
    I'll admit that I do find it annoying, but I'm just saying that it doesn't work different than the Treo 600 or other phones I've used.
  5.    #5  
    I would expect that this "feature" would at least allow me to hang up the call, at the very minimum. My company's voicemail can be rather unpredictable, and sometimes the auto digits get dialed too early. Since I can't hang up, I have to wait what seems like forever for the phone to return to normal after the digits have dialed. Also, why should the volume rocker be affected? Seems silly. If it locked out the keypad only, I would completely understand and actually think the feature was helpful. As it stands now, it is annoying!!
    I agree. This is very annoying and the fact that you can't at least hang up is unacceptable.

Also, anyone have issues with the programmed digits actually dialing incorrectly? I sometimes dial into other peoples voicemail, using the correct saved number sequence. Very annoying; something I'd expect from a free phone, not a $600 one!
    Are you using Sprint or a GSM one?

I found when I had a Sprint 650 it dialed the extra numbers blindingly fast and sometimes it seemed to register in the voicemail incorrectly.

Using an unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile it dials much slower and it's never gotten the voicemail numbers wrong. It seems like the CDMA can dial much much faster for the extra digits but sometimes this is too fast to the voicemail system to register correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    I agree. This is very annoying and the fact that you can't at least hang up is unacceptable.

Also, anyone have issues with the programmed digits actually dialing incorrectly? I sometimes dial into other peoples voicemail, using the correct saved number sequence. Very annoying; something I'd expect from a free phone, not a $600 one!
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    There's an option in the phone app that lets you turn on short dtmf. I believe (just guessing) that its to enable the digits to go faster. It's always worked well for me. I found the slow dialing on my old GSM 650 to be rather annoying. I use to have a GSM siemens that would dial blazingly fast and never miss a beat.
    kevroc,

Can you tell us how to get to that option? Can't seem to locate it. thanks.
  10.    #10  
    From the phone screen, go into Options - Phone Preferences
    I don't see this option on an unlocked GSM at all. What version are you using?
    You can't on GSM phones. Was the same way on the 600
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    This slow dialing crap is really annoying me as well as others I see. My 600 is so much faster...