1.    #1  
    I dial an 800 number and when I get the tone I want it to auto dial a number. Id this possible?
    Have you tried inserting commas??
    Inserting a comma = 1s pause
    Inserting a p = 3s pause

And not to be rude, but this has been discussed in several other threads. Please search before starting a new thread...
    Not to be rude, but this doesn't work from Contacts, which was the question. It only works for favorites. But, this has been discussed in the fairly recent past as well.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Not to be rude, but this doesn't work from Contacts, which was the question. It only works for favorites. But, this has been discussed in the fairly recent past as well.
    This does work for me.

For example I have my VM number stored as:

+16044183471p123456

It automatically pauses and then enters my password, so I never need to enter it, and it just automatically plays my messages.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    In the Contacts app, not Favorites?

Interesting, do you have a CDMA 650 or GSM? And are you using the default contacts app? I just tried it again on my Sprint 650, and neither 'P' nor ',' seems to do anything. The dialing stops after the 10 digit number, I hear the voice prompt, then nothing.

If I do the same thing in Favorites, it works just as I expected: a pause, followed by the extra digits.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I've research on this many times and I always get the same answer. Favorites can do it and bla bla bla. Somebody needs to contact PalmOne and report the lack of this standard feature.

Al
    Are you sure? It did this on my Treo 600. This works fine in a favorite. But when I tried this on my unlocked GSM Treo 650, it dials the phone number, but as soon as it hits a comma or "p" it doesn't dial anymore. Which one do you have (CDMA or GSM) and are you sure this is from contacts and not the favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    This does work for me.

For example I have my VM number stored as:

+16044183471p123456

It automatically pauses and then enters my password, so I never need to enter it, and it just automatically plays my messages.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    In the Contacts app, not Favorites?

Interesting, do you have a CDMA 650 or GSM? And are you using the default contacts app? I just tried it again on my Sprint 650, and neither 'P' nor ',' seems to do anything. The dialing stops after the 10 digit number, I hear the voice prompt, then nothing.

If I do the same thing in Favorites, it works just as I expected: a pause, followed by the extra digits.
    oh sorry man I didn't realize you were on crappy CDMA.

the "p" (pause 3 seconds) and "w" (wait until any keystroke) are GSM features. For CDMA I'm sure there is a way, but it would be different.
    Soylent Green Is People

Haven't heard of other GSM guys who have this working?

Maybe it's just a crappy Canada feature.
    No they're not. The p works fine in a CDMA favorite. I used to have a Sprint 650.

I have an unlocked GSM Treo 650 now. These don't work from contacts (at least on T-Mobile). Are you sure you aren't dialing from a favorite? They work fine in there but not in a contact for anyone but you it seems.

oh sorry man I didn't realize you were on crappy CDMA.

the "p" (pause 3 seconds) and "w" (wait until any keystroke) are GSM features. For CDMA I'm sure there is a way, but it would be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    No they're not. The p works fine in a CDMA favorite. I used to have a Sprint 650.

I have an unlocked GSM Treo 650 now. These don't work from contacts (at least on T-Mobile). Are you sure you aren't dialing from a favorite? They work fine in there but not in a contact for anyone but you it seems.
    They are GSM features. The reason they are working on CDMA is that P1 has added that feature to the 650 in favourites.

But, they have also dissabled in it contacts (for GSM & CDMA). The reason it was working for me was that I was actually using a SIM contact. If it is stored on the 650 it will not work. If it is stored on your SIM it will work. Hopefully P1 will fix this in future updates...
    Soylent Green Is People

Really? So they work from a SIM? I don't have any numbers on a SIM so I didn't test this.

I can't understand why they changed this from contacts. It worked OK on the Treo 600. Seems really, really stupid.

I wouldn't count on them adding it back it. For favorites, the individual ringtones only worked with MIDI sounds, not imported AMR sounds or sound you have recorded. Instead of fixing this, palmOne edited their knowledge base article on using AMR ringtones to say that favorites only uses MIDI sounds. I also found that on a Sprint the favorites would play any sound when editing the favorite, but on the unlocked GSM, favorites only play MIDI sounds when editing them.

They are GSM features. The reason they are working on CDMA is that P1 has added that feature to the 650 in favourites.

But, they have also dissabled in it contacts (for GSM & CDMA). The reason it was working for me was that I was actually using a SIM contact. If it is stored on the 650 it will not work. If it is stored on your SIM it will work. Hopefully P1 will fix this in future updates...
    I tried to test this, but on my P1 GSM phone with a Cingular SIM, there seems to be a 20 character limit on SIM phone number strings--1 fewer than I need to access my office voice mail. Can anyone confirm this?

[Edit: also won't take commas, and 'p' doesn't seem to do anything. It just stops at that point.]
  15.    #15  
    So how do i do this in favorites? If I add a speed dial I cannot use , or p only digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    So how do i do this in favorites? If I add a speed dial I cannot use , or p only digits.
    Under "more" in the extra digits area you can add p's.
    I too have been having a go at this. I see the more option and see that there I can add a 'p' however I don't know when it is applied to the number, perhaps the whole number including pauses needs to be in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalle
    I too have been having a go at this. I see the more option and see that there I can add a 'p' however I don't know when it is applied to the number, perhaps the whole number including pauses needs to be in there.
    First put the telephone number on the favorite setup screen. Then press the more option and another screen should come up and it will say "extra digits". In there put in the extra numbers with a comma where you need to pause between them. If the time it gives isn't long enough, put in another comma. When you dial the number from favorites the screen will show the hang up, speaker phone screen. On the far right where it usually shows the icon for dial pad, it will show an "extra digit" icon. Press that when the original call answers or when you need to put in the extra digits.

For instance, for my bank the main favorite screen will have the banks number: 800-333-1346. Then after the banks VM answers, I will hit the "extra digit" icon and it will dial them. Mine will have this:
    1,1,1,123456789,1234 The commas pause the dialing to answer prompts. These will be prompts from the bank. Such as:
    For English press 1
    For automatic banking press 1
    To access your checking account press 1
    Please enter your account number (123456789)
    For securtiy reasons please enter your security code (1234)