Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Last night I installed the trial of Agendus Pro edition. I played with it for a while then uninstalled it for the following reasons:

    1. when I programed a button (like the calander button) to open Agendus it always opened in contacts no matter what I told it to do in preferences. (Minor but annoying.)

    2. it didn't seem to link contact photos. I don't want to have to manually keep these in sync and I love the photo pictureId aspect of the phone so this was a bit of a bigger issue for me.

    3. I tried the pro program because I was interested in seeing a different email application but when I hit the little email icon in Agendus it opened VersaMail so I guess I'm confused what what Agendus Pro offers you over Standard.

    So I guess just 2 issues and a question about what mail integration is all about with the Pro version. Otherwise it seemed stable but I didn't use it all that long. Nice interface, definitely better than built-in apps which is why I'm posting this, I want to buy it but only if that photo issue has a solution. (It is a bit of a memory hog - or rather memory is precious so that's an issue.)

    Oh and for the record I did a search and didn't find answers. (I'm not saying they aren't out there I'm saying I obviously suck at using the search tool but I tried so cut me some slack. )

    thank you
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  2.    #2  
    For the record mods I posted this in the 650 forum because I was specifically interested in issues related to how Agendus runs on a 650. My friend with a Sony Clie has no such issues so I was under the impression that these are 650 related. But if you want to move my thread who am I to argue.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  3. #3  
    1. Go to preferences (in Agendus), Miscellaneous and launch settings. You can change the view there.
    3. Same thing - communication settings - for email you have to choose agendus mail.
    For your picture problem, I'm not sure I understand. Is it a syncing issue? I'm not sure that pics will sync with your contact managment software - could be wrong.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir
    1. Go to preferences (in Agendus), Miscellaneous and launch settings. You can change the view there.
    3. Same thing - communication settings - for email you have to choose agendus mail.
    For your picture problem, I'm not sure I understand. Is it a syncing issue? I'm not sure that pics will sync with your contact managment software - could be wrong.
    Thanks for the response.

    I did go to preferences (in Agendus), Miscellaneous and launch settings. Changing it here worked if I clicked on the Agendus app or launched it from my favourites, but it didn't work when I mapped Agendus to a device button like the calander button on my 650. I assume this is a compatibility issue with the Agendus and the 650.

    I also went to the communication settings but Veramail was the only mail program I could choose so either agendus mail didn't install (I installed the lastest Agendus Pro trial download and understood that mail was built in but maybe it's a seperate install - I'll double check the zip) or there is another bug on my 650.

    The picture thing is simple. Agendus seems to use the build-in contact and calander programs such that when I add a new contact in Agendus I'll see it in the built in contact app and vice versa and the business number field will show up in both etc, but for some reason even though both Agendus and the 650 support contact photos if I add a contact photo in one program I don't see it in the other so it appears Agendus is NOT using the built in database for the photo and has it's own hook which means I need to either add the photo in both programs or if I add it only in Agendus then photos won't show up in the caller id because the phone uses the database for the built-in app. It's a dilema.

    I'm going to try re-installing the trial and play with it a little more. More suggestions are always welcome.

    EDIT: I noticed that the trail version I downloaded from Handago was version 9.01 and the trial version I just downloaded from iambic is 9.03 so I'm going to install that now, fingers crossed we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by Boobookins; 02/25/2005 at 05:35 PM.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  5. #5  
    I would suggest you use the native contacts for photos and not Agendus, it seems buggy and causes mine to reset everytime I go into contacts...version 9.03 was released last night but I dont think this was fixed.

    **Even though you use native contacts for photos they wont show in Agendus..but will work for caller ID

    Agendus mail is now seperate from Agendus PIM
  6. #6  
    to get the view you want, set it at pref...buttons.

    I always forget this, and it takes about a day to remember.



    i use standard, so cant help with the rest.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7.    #7  
    Okay thank you everyone. I figured out the issue with how Agendus starts when I map it to the calander button. I also (through reading their site a little more carefully) realized that email is now a seperate application - although if you buy Agendus Pro you get it free. So I'm just downloading that now and I'll see how much memory etc it takes. (I have decided that I really like the calander/contact part of Agendus and now that I feel it's less buggy than I originally thought I'm pretty committed to a purchase. I just need to decide if I can afford the memory for the email program. I don't mind Versamail but then again I didn't mind built-in calander/contacts yesterday.)

    Oh and yes, I've mapped the built-in contact program to the alt-calander key on my 650 and I'll use that solely for adding contact pictures. (Which is nice because it lets me snap those direct with the camera which is how I've been adding them.)

    Again thank you every for your help.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  8. PatY's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins

    The picture thing is simple. Agendus seems to use the build-in contact and calander programs such that when I add a new contact in Agendus I'll see it in the built in contact app and vice versa and the business number field will show up in both etc, but for some reason even though both Agendus and the 650 support contact photos if I add a contact photo in one program I don't see it in the other so it appears Agendus is NOT using the built in database for the photo and has it's own hook which means I need to either add the photo in both programs or if I add it only in Agendus then photos won't show up in the caller id because the phone uses the database for the built-in app. It's a dilema.
    It took me the longest time to figure out Agendus did not work with Picture Caller ID. It's kind of pointless to have the pictures there and not use it. In the end, I just added the pictures to the regular contact app. Maybe someday this will work when they fix the bug. For now, Picture caller ID is more important to me. If I really wanted to go through the trouble, I can always assign the pictures twice.
  9.    #9  
    I tried Agendus mail and found it buggy (bad buggy as in resets when looking addresses while composing a new mail message,) but otherwise I'm so far quite happy with the rest of Agendus. (I uninstalled Agendus mail and have returned to using Versamail for now. I may choose to try Snappermail.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  10. #10  
    I am using Agendus Pro v9.03 and am in the contacts portion of the app.

    I have Last Name, First Name as my option and Number.

    Example
    under Joe, it would show his email address instead of a phone number. How do I fix that and if Joe had a work, home, cell, how could I make the one I want display as the default.

    Thanks.
  11. #11  
    Found out how to do it. Thanks.
  12. #12  
    agendus 9.04 is out.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  13. #13  
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm having the same problem Boobookins was. I have Agendus Pro mapped to the calender button and when I press it, it opens up to the contacts instead of the Today screen which is what I want. I changed the view in preferences. When I open Agendus by the icon in ZLauncher it goes right to the Today screen, it only does this when I use the hard key. Can anyone help?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm having the same problem Boobookins was. I have Agendus Pro mapped to the calender button and when I press it, it opens up to the contacts instead of the Today screen which is what I want. I changed the view in preferences. When I open Agendus by the icon in ZLauncher it goes right to the Today screen, it only does this when I use the hard key. Can anyone help?
    In Agendus:

    Menu button>Preferences>in drop down select Miscellaneous. In Lanuch drop down select Agenda and then Today on 2nd drop down on same line. Should now open in Today screen with either the Calander button (or whatever button you have mapped) or by tapping the icon.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    In Agendus:

    Menu button>Preferences>in drop down select Miscellaneous. In Lanuch drop down select Agenda and then Today on 2nd drop down on same line. Should now open in Today screen with either the Calander button (or whatever button you have mapped) or by tapping the icon.
    That's how I have it set up, exactly like that. But it opens to the contacts for the calender button and Today screen for the icon.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    That's how I have it set up, exactly like that. But it opens to the contacts for the calender button and Today screen for the icon.
    What do you have set in the Button preferences - mine shows Cycle Views under Press Action?

    You might also try selecting Go To View here and then choose Agenda and then Today?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    What do you have set in the Button preferences - mine shows Cycle Views under Press Action?
    I think that did it. I went into Buttons and nothing was selected. When I hit the Calender button by default it selected contacts. I changed it to the Today screen and it works now. Thanks a lot. http://www.howardforums.com/images/smilies/beer2.gif
  18. #18  
    2 questions:

    1. is there a way to setup the Contacts "favorite" button to go to the Agendus contact view?

    2. is there a way that agendus can search using the 3 char mode that the standard contact list does (i.e. John Doe found by typing "jdo"). I found this quite effective for finding people.

    Thanks.
  19. #19  
    Just upgraded from Agendus Standard (version 7.06) to Agendus Pro v9.04...the pro version, what a memory hog!! That said, I plan to move Agendus' TinyChart ASAP.

    Is there way to ease the memory on this baby? On the Website, Agendus Pro comes with Agendus Mail, but I already have Snapper! Also: Any other little extensions/files that we don't need?
    ###

Posting Permissions