1.    #1  
    When trying to go offline and disconnect Chatter from the data connection the message indicator on the lower right read "OFFLINE;" however, the program didn't actually disconnect and go offline. I then went to Prefs-->Network and checked if the data connection was still on. It was. I clicked "Disconnect". Here's the strange part - after it disconnects it immediately tries to reconnect (I think Chatter is trying to reconnect here). The only way to stop it is to just cancel the reconnection.

Any thoughts here folks? I'm using 1.0.2[63:16]
    Last edited by illustreous; 02/25/2005 at 11:12 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Marc, do you need a log for this? Thanks.
    Last edited by illustreous; 02/25/2005 at 11:40 AM.
    "Go offline" doesn't end the data connection on its own. And yes, it's correct that Chatter would try to reconnect if you manually break the connection. I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to do, or what commands you've used.

Marc
  4.    #4  
    On my previous phone (Verizon 600), when I selected "Offline" (after a quicksync) from what is now the "Box" menu Chatter would go offline and end the data connection.

Essentially, I'd like to go offline and end the data connection - like the way it was before. Now, after I go offline I have to go to Prefs-->Network to end the data connection.

In addition to this I noted that 1023 emails only loaded up in my primary (and only) mailbox. This is strange because on the Treo 600 I had over 2000 emails and they were current. As it stands now it seems that Chatter stopped loading emails after it hit 1023 leaving me somewhere in January as the most recent email. Any reason why it was fine on the 600 but not on the 650?

Thanks, again!
    Have you set "Offline Disconnect" in the Connection Prefs? That's what makes disconnects happen when offline. If this isn't working, shoot me an email - there's debug info in 1.0.3b13 that will help.

Also, there IS a limit of 1023 messages synced and there always has been. Perhaps you set a look-back number of days in the Delivery page?? That's the right way to handle larger boxes for now.

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Yup, "Offline Disconnect" was set in Connection Prefs. Doesn't seem to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Have you set "Offline Disconnect" in the Connection Prefs? That's what makes disconnects happen when offline. If this isn't working, shoot me an email - there's debug info in 1.0.3b13 that will help.

Also, there IS a limit of 1023 messages synced and there always has been. Perhaps you set a look-back number of days in the Delivery page?? That's the right way to handle larger boxes for now.

Marc
    Get 1.0.3b13, start logging, and when you think it should be disconnected go to Console and type "boxes". Then send me the log.

Thanks.

Marc