1.    #1  
    I need help!! I have a treo 650 from Cingular and I am trying to setup Versamail. I have the unlimited media works plan and a xxxxx@mycingular.com email address. I am trying to be able to send and receive email from that account on my treo. I have tried several incoming and outgoing server configurations but I guess I haven't found the correct one. Can somebody please clearly list out the incoming and outgoing servers and any other advanced settings that I might need to change. Thanks in advance fo your help.
    Last edited by lwnva05; 02/25/2005 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Change Icon to Question Mark.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I need to get my e-mail from work forwarded to my Cingular address and then scoop it up with VersaMail. Every time I send something from another e-mail account, it goes into the damned SMS Message mail, which strips out all of the formatting and attachments. I need to be able to get the e-mail as it was sent to my work account.

Seems like this should be do-able since the Cingular account is POP3.

HELP!
    From another thread in here -

Here are the settings. Note the pop server is infospace because that's who provides all of the services to Cingular.
    Also here's a thread on Howard Forums on the same subject.
    http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/355074-1.html

Cingular ISP Settings:

EMail:
    POP: pop3.infospace.com
    UID: <youruserid>@mycingular.com
    PW: (MediaNet password)

SMTP: photo.mycingular.com
    UID: (none)
    PW: (none)

If SMTP does not work try cwmx.com
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy
    From another thread in here -

Here are the settings. Note the pop server is infospace because that's who provides all of the services to Cingular.
    Also here's a thread on Howard Forums on the same subject.
    http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/355074-1.html

Cingular ISP Settings:

EMail:
    POP: pop3.infospace.com
    UID: <youruserid>@mycingular.com
    PW: (MediaNet password)

SMTP: photo.mycingular.com
    UID: (none)
    PW: (none)

If SMTP does not work try cwmx.com
    I can't seem to connect to pop3.infospace.com; can't ping it from my desktop either. WHen I talked to the boneheads at Cingular late today, they set me up and we tried to use cwmx.com for both pop3 and smtp. WHen that didn't work, they said that their pop3 e-mail server (cwmx.com) wasn't set up to allow access from the Treo 650s.

What the heck does that mean? This should work, no?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k
    Sorry. I can't see pop3.infospace.com or cingularme.com. They both have IP addresses on the net, but you can't ping them. Is it possible that the servers aren't opened up to allow access other than through the Wireless Window?
    Just because you can't ping 'em doesn't mean they aren't there - commercial servers won't respond to outside pings in some cases. Security....
  8.    #8  
    Thanks to those of you who have posted their settings for Cingular, but I still can not get my email to work. It always comes back and says that pop3.infospace.com can not be found and to check the server name and retry. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by lwnva05
    Thanks to those of you who have posted their settings for Cingular, but I still can not get my email to work. It always comes back and says that pop3.infospace.com can not be found and to check the server name and retry. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    I dont think Cingular provides a traditional POP email service.

That would explain why the set of such as service is nowhere to be found.

If you go to Cingularme.com, you can setup your "alias" so you can receive text messages when someone emails you at yourname@cingularme.com. I believe the mycingular.com address is for use with Express Mail, so you would have to use the Xpress Mail client on the Treo. It wont support any traditional POP mail clients.

Yes, it sucks.

You would think that as an ISP, Cingular would provide a basic POP email to its subscribers, but as a phone company they are about 30 years behind the curve on this. Your best bet is to sign up with a paid email service with Yahoo, MSN, or some other service that supports POP or IMAP, and configure your Treo to work with that.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!