1.    #1  
    I'm sure this question has been asked and answered but I can't seem to find a thread about it. Please point me to it if it exists.

I'm receiving both an unlocked Treo 650 as well as a Cingular Treo 650 today. I do NOT currently have service with Cingular. I'm trying to decide between to the 2 devices. Aside from the obvious (no contract with unlocked, ability to roam in Europe, ability to switch to another US GSM carrier), what are some reasons why I would choose the unlocked vs the locked version?

I'm aware of the DUN issue - am I correct in saying that as long as I purchase PDA Net I can use DUN with the locked version?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    The keyboard on the unlocked 650 dims in sync with the screen. The Cingular one does not, and it is not clear whether this is a hardware limitation or whether it can be corrected with a future firmware update.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    The keyboard on the unlocked 650 dims in sync with the screen. The Cingular one does not, and it is not clear whether this is a hardware limitation or whether it can be corrected with a future firmware update.
    Is that good or bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrogers
    Is that good or bad?
    If I am not mistaken, here are two other reasons:

1. Voice tags don't work in locked Cingular
    2. You can't use Voice Dialer on locked Cingular. They offer a similar service.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrogers
    Is that good or bad?
    That's good. Most people complain that the keyboard is too bright on the Cingular and Sprint phones and have to use a hack to physically turn off the keyboard backlight.