1.    #1  
    My buddy just bought a new Jabra BT800 for his Treo. It was a European version i guess they are out before USA version. Everything looks the same except it has the 220V plug (they threw in a converter and a cigarette charger).
    I was initially jealous until I called him. It took about 15 seconds for me to hear his voice. There seems to be a delay when the Treo bluetooth hands off the call to the BT800. I was really excited about the Jabra but now I have doubts.
    See other threads--initial reviews using this headset with T650 are poor (most features unavailable, long delay to answer calls).
    Well I was trying to order the Scala headset but it was back ordered and I did not want to wait. So I bought what I wanted to buy in the first place. I got the Jabra BT800 on friday and it is sweet. It works very well with my Treo 650 no problems at all. The caller Id works as well as all the other features this headset comes with. I get no static like I did with the jabra 250. I can leave my phone in my case on the other side of my hip and the calls are very clear. Sound quality is excellent. I have a 2004 Armada with dual exhaust and when I had my jabra 250 it was still hard to hear even with the mini gel inside the ear but I can hear very well with the Jabra 800. I have no complaints at the moment. If anyone is considering buying this headset i'll be happy to answer in questions.
    AWESOME to hear mine is comming tomorrow! Saaaaweeet!
    -Evan
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvan23
    AWESOME to hear mine is comming tomorrow! Saaaaweeet!
    -Evan
    BigEvan23, don't hate the messenger but I think you better check out the other threads about this headset before you get too excited. If the store you ordered your BT800 from charges a restock fee on returns you may opt to cancel the order after you read ALL THE OTHER NEGATIVE posts regarding this headset.

K.
    I have read the posts and I was quite upset to see them over the past few weeks. However, this newest post gives me hope for sucessful usage of the headset. Perhaps the ones people were initially recieving from the UK had different firmware or issues that were worked out. Regardless, if it works for the previous poster, why not for the rest of us?
    Well, I question the motives of Nuwaub. Check out this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...850#post581850

Here he claims to have purchased his BT800 from a store and when you follow the link to the store it CLEARLY states at the bottom of the page in BRIGHT red that the headset is NOT compatible with a number of phones INCLUDING the Treo650. It warns buyers to NOT purchase if they have a Treo 650.

Believe me, I wanted this headset to work so badly with my Treo 650. But most of these internet stores have a restock fee and that along with 2 way shipping, you could be out close to $40 if the headset is indeed a dud!

On Friday, after finally conceding to reports of incompatibility, I purchased a HBH 660 and had it delivered overnite. I like it. It isn't the BT800 but IMO, the next best thing.

K
    Last edited by nchargreed; 02/28/2005 at 10:11 AM.
    Yah that is a tad suspicious. I cancelled my order just in case. I am going to attempt to locate a store in NYC that carries the BT800 and try to test it out a little before taking the plunge. It just might have to be HBH660 it just might have to be after all. BTW nchargreed...where did you pick yours up and for how much?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvan23
    Yah that is a tad suspicious. I cancelled my order just in case. I am going to attempt to locate a store in NYC that carries the BT800 and try to test it out a little before taking the plunge. It just might have to be HBH660 it just might have to be after all. BTW nchargreed...where did you pick yours up and for how much?
    I got mine from an ebay store found here Dans Cellular

The Buy Now price on these headsets is $72.99 and shipping and insurance is something close to $15. A free car charger is also included (I opted for overnite shipping with Sat. delivery so my final cost was close to $109)

Having purchased other small accessories, I am a repeat customer of this guy. He responds quickly to email, too. I emailed him about overnite shipping with Sat. delivery at around 9AM. He responded within 10 minutes and my merchandise was paid for and processed by 10AM.

K
    Last edited by nchargreed; 02/28/2005 at 10:44 AM.