1.    #1  
    My Treo 650, like my Clie before it, is precious enough to me that I would offer a reward to someone kind enough to return it to me if lost. I had previously followed someone's suggestion of creating "*reward if found*" entries at the top of my calendar, address book, memo and to-do apps so anybody pressing one of the Palm hard buttons would see them (each one listed my phone numbers). I also put business cards in the leather case's pocket.

On the Treo, I found a new method: I created a favorites button, at the top of the right column of page 1, such that the label "$REWARD$!" appears whenever the phone app is started. That button is a speed dial to my home phone. With luck, a caller could be convinced to return the device. At minimum, my caller ID at home would indicate that my Treo is out there in someone's hands rather than mislaid among my affairs.

All very A.R., I know, but I want to maximize my chances of recovering the Treo should I lose it somewhere.

[edit 2005-02-25 to add rest of truncated message]
    Last edited by Jeff DLB; 02/25/2005 at 09:37 AM.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Which is???.......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Urgh - hit send too soon. See full message in later thread of same name. How do I delete a thread? The treo.discussion.treocentral.com UI won't even let me edit.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff DLB
    See full message in later thread of same name.
    Sorry... looks like I deleted the wrong thread (and can't retrieve it... too early in the morning I guess).

Could you repost the details here?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Sorry... looks like I deleted the wrong thread
    OK, first message in thread edited to add missing part. Sorry--not used to posting from the 650 on the alternate site.
    you might also want to check out www.tracertags.com
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    My Treo 650, like my Clie before it, is precious enough to me that I would offer a reward to someone kind enough to return it to me if lost. I had previously followed someone's suggestion of creating "*reward if found*" entries at the top of my calendar, address book, memo and to-do apps so anybody pressing one of the Palm hard buttons would see them (each one listed my phone numbers). I also put business cards in the leather case's pocket.

On the Treo, I found a new method: I created a favorites button, at the top of the right column of page 1, such that the label "$REWARD$!" appears whenever the phone app is started. That button is a speed dial to my home phone. With luck, a caller could be convinced to return the device. At minimum, my caller ID at home would indicate that my Treo is out there in someone's hands rather than mislaid among my affairs.

All very A.R., I know, but I want to maximize my chances of recovering the Treo should I lose it somewhere.

[edit 2005-02-25 to add rest of truncated message]
    Sounds like a great idea. I'd like to change the upper left button on page 1, which is currently Contacts, but can't seem to figure out how to do that.

Are there favorite buttons that can't be changed?

Thanks.
    www.stuffbak.com does exactly what you want. They claim to have great results in having items returned.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hupdesnagel
    I'd like to change the upper left button on page 1, which is currently Contacts, but can't seem to figure out how to do that
    You can't delete it, but you can move it to another page and put something else there. Use Menu: Edit Favorites PAGES and drag the button with the stylus to p.2-5 at the bottom of the screen.
    You can't delete it, but you can move it to another page and put something else there. Use Menu: Edit Favorites PAGES and drag the button with the stylus to p.2-5 at the bottom of the screen.
    You Rock man!

I tried to numerous times to change the locked favourites buttons and figured I was just SOL.

Thanks a lot for the tip.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Actually you can delete the factory favorites using "Filez", read here...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74001
    Why don't you just buy insurance for $5 a month for your Treo? and buy mSafe to send lock or wipe out SMS to your treo if it ever gets lost. Also, I have a label with my name and home phone number in case I lose it.

Al
    The first listing in my contacts has the name:

--If found return to--

with my home, work and wife's mobile number...chances are if someone looks at my contacts they might figure out this means call me to return my phone.

I think I got this idea from a palm forum several years ago - it is a great idea.