Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfx@mindspri
    Jeepdiver-

Actually no. No different ringtones or graphics. The only thing I can think of is that it's hitting the address book when the caller id kicks in. Funnily though, I never thought of testing a caller ID that isn't in my address book.

I have done a hard reset and just restored my addressbook only (no third party software) and have had no resets on incoming calls that have a caller ID in my address book.
    Hi Fred:

So you're saying the problem is solved? If so, have you determined why you had the problem after switching to the A card? I take it you did a hard reset just after installing the A card and still had the problem. If not, that was the problem. A hard reset must be done after installing the new card. Assuming that wasn't the problem, you might want to look at the backup file issue I discussed above.

Todd Serota
    Quote Originally Posted by Tserota
    Hi Fred:

So you're saying the problem is solved? If so, have you determined why you had the problem after switching to the A card? I take it you did a hard reset just after installing the A card and still had the problem. If not, that was the problem. A hard reset must be done after installing the new card. Assuming that wasn't the problem, you might want to look at the backup file issue I discussed above.

Todd Serota
    Yes, I did have the problem after switching to the A card. A HARD RESET AFTER INSTALLING THE A CARD seemed to fix the problem.

One thing that the new A card DID fix was the Voice Dial number problem. That HAS NOT returned.

The phone has been working reliably since then. I restored my ADDRESS BOOK AND CALENDARS only and have had no problems. I'm thinking that the problem stemmed from some database being hit based on the addressbook. That's why a NO CALLER ID call would work fine on incoming calls.

Since I've restored the 650 to the hard reset condition I've also added picture media, a movie or two, some mp3's, and Verichat and the phone is still working VERY reliably on incoming calls.

I'm a happy camper now
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfx@mindspri
    I have been having the same problem with my phone, and I noticed that when I received a call with NO caller ID (my home, which is blocked) the phone DID NOT SOFT RESET.

I think the A vs. G series sim card really doesn't have anything to do with the problem.
    I'll be damned; I have the same exact issue: Works fine on "NO ID" calls. Has anyone actually identified the problem? I'm glad to hear that your phone is working, but did you actually fix anything or just reset?

Thanks
    Korndog
    Verizon 700p
    I REALLY believe that it was one of the third party apps that I had loaded into the Treo650. I have been using it reset free since I did this. I believe that the problem has to do with the phone calling an address book entry when there is a caller ID. That's why no caller ID incoming calls work fine.

I have also hotsynced and added Verichat to the base list of apps that come with the T650 after a hard reset and it I am still reset free.

Here is what I did to rectify the problem:

I had this problem, did this and have NOT had any soft reset problems at all.

1. I got a Sim card from Cingular that began with "A" (there is still a problem with voicemail that strips out the correct voicemail number and changes it to zeros that is rectified by the "A card"

2. I installed the new sim Card.

3. I did a hot sync to make sure my contacts were synced.

4. Did a HARD reset on my Treo 650.

5. Did a Hot sync and set all the conduits to "do nothing" except for my calendars and address book.

It has worked reliably now for 10 days.

I'm a happy camper

best,

Fred
    Last edited by fredfx@mindspri; 03/09/2005 at 05:29 PM.
    Thanks Fred. I am waiting for the A cards to come in to my local stores. I'll try your procedure. I hope it keeps working for you. I'm going to wait a week between installs of 3pa's.
    Korndog
    Verizon 700p
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12