1.    #1  
    I have a few sync and general questions. 1st: I am trying several editing programs and am using "docinout". The "docinout" does a fairly easy job of taking a text file and converting it and installing it on my Visor as a DOC file, which I can open with an editor like Smartdoc. How can I get the DOC file back off the Visor without "backing up"? Is there an app that will use a conduit to send it somewhere other than the "backup" folder?
    2nd:Is there a different kind of syncing program other than "Hotsync" that is more versatile? I have my Visor sometimes doing internet d/l's and sometimes I only want to install something or take something off the Visor and don't want to go through a full sync and find it kind of fussy to "change" each conduit to do nothing.
    3rd:Where can I get some little explaination of how to program the calculator. I noticed that it will import and export and would like to exploit this feature.
    Last: Is there a place I can get "quick and dirty" explanations to any other questions I have....I've got to give this thing a rest!!!
    Originally posted by jbowma4:
    3rd:Where can I get some little explaination of how to program the calculator. I noticed that it will import and export and would like to exploit this feature.
    Check out the Parens manual. The HS Advanced calculator is based on Parens by Rick Huebner. The online manual describes how to "program" advanced functionality.

------------------
    MarkEagle - Ice is nice!
    Originally posted by MarkEagle:
    Check out the Parens manual. The HS Advanced calculator is based on Parens by Rick Huebner.
    Note: The Advanced Calculator is based off of an earlier version of Parens. There are a few features documented on that page that are not in the Advanced Calculator. Such as: <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI> The Plugin Modules <LI> The InverseOf parameter to the Conv Mode definition line.</UL>
    Also the first line of a mode definition memo is "Calculator ModeName" instead of "Parens ModeName", but you would have discovered that as soon as you did an export.

[This message has been edited by potter (edited 08-10-2000).]
    I'm using Outlook, and the Pocket Mirror stuff that installs as a result of setting up for Outlook has a way to configure a one-time action on sync. There's a button that appeared on my Outlook toolbar that launches the Conduit Manager (You can also launch via Start&gt;Programs&gt;PocketMirror&gt;PocketMirror Settings). Click the "Settings" button and you'll get a box with all your actions. There's a drop-down list for "Quick one-time action setup". I don't remember all of the settings in the list, but you have one for Install Apps only, and backup to/restore from Palm Desktop, among others.

Hope this helps!