1.    #1  
    Just found this at Javoedge. Anyone try it yet? Big plus is that it is metal and removable tip is at the top not bottom.
    http://www.javoedge.com/simtrix/prod...ategory=STYLUS
    Just ordered, thanks for the heads up! I'll let y'all know when it arrives.....
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    Just found this at Javoedge. Anyone try it yet? Big plus is that it is metal and removable tip is at the top not bottom.
    http://www.javoedge.com/simtrix/prod...ategory=STYLUS
    I'm not sure that (the tip on top) is a plus. This is like the Treo 600 pen stylii that got stuck inside the treo when the top came off. At least on the 650 you can remove the battery cover and grab the stylus with a pair of pliers if the top pops off.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Uh oh, a pop-off tip is definitely a no-no, unless you don't mind removing the battery cover all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Uh oh, a pop-off tip is definitely a no-no, unless you don't mind removing the battery cover all the time.
    It's probably a screw on, no? Don't think that would it pop off so frequently.
    looks like a snap on, just like the t600 stylii, to me.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    That doesn't look too bad to me. Christo, please let us know if it's a snap-on cap or not when yours arrives. If so, I'll probably take a pass on this one.

ChickenHawk
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I've got one of these. They are kinda cheap but, the cap snaps on pretty snug. The only reason I put this one in is because you can take the battery cover off a 650 and get at it if the cap popped off leaving the styli in the Treo itself. No way would I even consider putting one of these in a 600.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    DO NOT BUY! Just for the fact that this product cause SO much trouble on the Treo600. The cap slips off and if you have a Treo600 you can not remove the cover.
    So the pen/sty gets stuck in your phone.
    do no buy this.!!
    I had a few of these for the Treo 600. The caps were somewhat tight at the beginning, but after a while, they got pretty loose and the cap kept popping off whenever I tried to pull out the stylus. It got very frustrating. I don't wanna go through that again with my 650, even though the 650 does have removable battery cover. Shoot, I even get frustrated removing the battery cover just to reset my Treo.
    I have the palm one stylus pens, with the screw caps on the stylus end. You get three of them in a pack, and they're working fine.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    What are you all talking about? It's fine for me; slides in easily, secure, doesn't unscrew by itself, but secure? Perhaps you have a messed up Treo?
    There's this one from Palmone. The pen is on the bottom instead.

http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0016&cat=20022
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    There's this one from Palmone. The pen is on the bottom instead.

http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0016&cat=20022
    Now i like that pen!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if Dan's is gonna sell that!
    This may sound silly, but with either of these, what do you do with the pen's "cap" (the part that pops off to expose the pen) while you're using it? With a normal pen, you can stick it on the back end of your pen. It doesn't look like that would work with the PalmOne version...can't tell with the other one. I don't want to have to fumble with the cap in one hand while I'm trying to write.

-Brian
    Last edited by bkrodgers; 03/02/2005 at 11:39 PM.
    Well, should have known it's not available due to backorder. I'll let you know, but if you - like me, got rid of the 600, why not try it? the old versions on the Visors (pen cap) did snap to top of stylus, so hopefully this is the same, or it's a waste! I'll let y'all know if / when rec'd. It's easy to find a pen, even for a freind when it's attached to my treo. One more feature/use the better. Many times i find it hard to locate a pen in a hurry, so this makes sense to me.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits