1.    #1  
    Okay, got this as a free download (Sprint Handango) but it freezes everytime I try to sync it to the sd card.

Yes, I did a search and yes I got that pid number after installing the MobiPocket Web Companion first on my 650.

I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks
    You may just have to give it some time...I think that's a pretty big file and it takes a long time to hotsync over.

How did you get it for free?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, no, I get this "The connections between your handheld computer and the desktop was lost, etc etc." but if I install other software it is fine. Also I am installing it to a SD card so plenty of space.

Here is the info on free software.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73618
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiscer
    You may just have to give it some time...I think that's a pretty big file and it takes a long time to hotsync over.

How did you get it for free?
    Okay, it is working now but it has been an hour and a half syncing and still going. How long can this take?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    Okay, got this as a free download (Sprint Handango) but it freezes everytime I try to sync it to the sd card.

Yes, I did a search and yes I got that pid number after installing the MobiPocket Web Companion first on my 650.

I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks
    You could always use the free online version for the treo:

http://www.m-w.com/palm.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Now you tell me
    Guess I am late to this one, but I have been fighting the PID war now for over a month with this dictionary. Download the stupid reader, get one PID. Download the software, it doesn't load. In fact loading it with missing sync wiped my SD card. Using missing sync to try to load the dictionary, stall like you said.

So finally using hotsync on a PC worked. Apparently you cannot load this software with a MAC.

So after you mess for weeks just trying to get it to load, then you get into the PID wars, i.e. the PID on the purchased product is different than the PID on the reader. This is because the reader got erased during the SD card wipe when you tried to load the dictionary on the MAC and you had to re download the reader, which of course has a different PID number.

So you wait the obligatory 72 hours for email support and nothing happens with Handango. Finally after several weeks and several attempts, they get back and finally say that they have changed the PID. You download, then upload to the treo, and voila, still has a PID error.

You email back and say it still does not work, and they forward the issue to the developer. The developer never gets back. (mobipocket). Then you get the email about how the issue is now marked "solved" as 72 hours has passed. Then you email back and say it is not resolved.

And then you enter the black void of nothingness and no-one ever gets back to you again.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    This program bites!! way too much trouble to get it up and working.