Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Are you guys sure that the 24.99 media works package works with the treo? I can't seem to connect. I just got my t650 today and every time I try to connect it says "connecting to cingular gprs" then "signing on" then "canceling" and then the connection dies and I start from scratch. Anyone have a similar problem? If not I will call them later but I don't want to pay $40 a month for it so I will more than likely go back to t-mobile or sprint.
    Just my two cents worth. I'm using the GSM unlocked/unbranded phone from P1 with T-Mobile and T-Mobile's unlimited internet plan. Everything has worked flawless for the past week, but TODAY, I cannot connect, and I get the same message you're getting ... canceled.

I called T-Mobile support, and they stepped me up to tier-3 support. The guy there had me create a new Internet connection, which worked ... exactly once. That new connection is now giving me the canceled message as well.

So, I'm dead in the water here, too.

BTW, I'm in Las Vegas, and usually connect through Cingular's network. However, since I received this particular phone, the network is being identified as T-Mobile, not Cingular...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsickz
    Are you guys sure that the 24.99 media works package works with the treo? I can't seem to connect. I just got my t650 today and every time I try to connect it says "connecting to cingular gprs" then "signing on" then "canceling" and then the connection dies and I start from scratch. Anyone have a similar problem? If not I will call them later but I don't want to pay $40 a month for it so I will more than likely go back to t-mobile or sprint.
    Same thing happened to me the first time I used DUN. GPRS settings got screwed somehow.

Just go to your Cingular GPRS settings and create a new profile 'Cingular GPRS copy' with the same settings and use that as default. That worked for me.
  4.    #4  
    I just tried to make a copy of the setting like you described with no luck
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsickz
    I just tried to make a copy of the setting like you described with no luck
    Make sure the original profile is deleted and the new one is the default GPRS connection. Also change the nayme from 'Cingular GPRS Copy' to just 'Cingular GPRS' that is what worked for me
  6.    #6  
    no luck with that either
    jcsickz,

Read this link:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=72782

I had the PDA connect plan (44.99$ w/no voice plan) and now have the Old Media Work's plan. I see no difference when surfing (except $25 difference).
    I think the problem is that Cingular doesn't have you set up on Media Net properly. When I signed up with Media Works my GPRS didn't work until I called them and it turned out they hadn't actually added it properly.
    Call and ask them if you have Media Net properly enabled on your account, tell them that you get the GPRS indicator on your phone but it won't allow you to connect.
    They'll ask what phone you have, don't be afraid to tell them it's a Treo.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    i have the $19.99 unlimited mw and it works flawlessly with the treo, my 2 c
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    i have the $19.99 unlimited mw and it works flawlessly with the treo, my 2 c

same for me.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name
    jcsickz,

Read this link:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=72782

I had the PDA connect plan (44.99$ w/no voice plan) and now have the Old Media Work's plan. I see no difference when surfing (except $25 difference).
    I've looked over that thread many times, in fact its the thread that made me decide to buy the T650
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I think the problem is that Cingular doesn't have you set up on Media Net properly. When I signed up with Media Works my GPRS didn't work until I called them and it turned out they hadn't actually added it properly.
    Call and ask them if you have Media Net properly enabled on your account, tell them that you get the GPRS indicator on your phone but it won't allow you to connect.
    They'll ask what phone you have, don't be afraid to tell them it's a Treo.
    been there, done that. I signed up on cingular.com and added the unlimited plan, and after I realized the internet wasn't working I called them and told them. The CSR confirmed that the plan had not been added to my account, disproving the confirmation emails that were sent to me by cingular. She then (supposedly) added the unlimited plan to my account and told me to hang up and reset my phone and see if it would work. Needless to say, it didn't. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to call them and troubleshoot since their wacky offices close at 9 PM. (I'm used to the 24 hour service of T-mobile)
    I had the same problem. It only took 12 calls to Cingular tech support to figure it out.

I couldn't receive the confirmation text message from the Medianet account setup. The Treo was sending/receiving text messages and could connect to other web sites.

It turns out the the last owner of my number (I've had it a year) had it setup for the old internet plan and her username was still registered to that number. The only way to fix it is to get the working username/password from Cingular, log on to the Medianet site from your PC, and change the account info yourself. Then login and re-send the the setup text message to the Treo. Once you've got it working, I'd call Cingular back and get them to change the password.

Hope this helps!

-Mike
  14.    #14  
    I called them today and they had me sign up for the media net account on my pc, then they transferred me to tech support who did some things and had me reset my phone a few times, and now everything works. Average of mspeed tests: 70 kbps
    Make sure the following are in your connect settings:

APN: wap.cingular
    User: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    password: CINGULAR1
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    jcsickz, when you are getting 70 kbps speed, how many bars are showing on the phone? I get about 135 kbps with 2-4 bars showing. Do you know if EDGE is available where you live?

I wonder if the difference in speed is due to the plan you signed up with. Someone at Cingular told me that the medianet plan is slower since it is geared towards phones instead of pda's. That could have been absolute corporate bs and marketing to get me to go with the unlimited data plan for $40. Perhaps with the medianet plan you are only allowed to access GPRS while the unlimited data plans allow users to access GPRS or EDGE (if available). This may explain the difference in download speed.
    I'm in Pasadena, California Zip 91101 and when I got my T650 I ad to get the PD Unlimited for $ 39.99/Month.

My T650 connect flawlessly and it's quite quick using so called Edge Technology.

Anyways, is there another Media feature for me that is unlimited and Cheaper?????
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    jmk, thats a question that no one seems to have a definitive answer for. Some people have signed up for the unlimited medianet plan for $20 (now $25). This plan though was intended only for phones and not pda's. In fact, I think there is some language to that affect in the Cingular terms of use. I don't know if there is a difference in download speeds between the two or if there are any other differences between the two plans. I too have the $40 data plan and never had any problems and download speeds up to 135kbps.

Does anyone know for sure if there is a difference between the Medianet and Unlimited Data plans?
    Thanks for the reply Buirus.

Someone must know what plan we should use for Media, (cough** A CHEAPER One)
    The $39.99 unlimited PDA plan does not offer any advantages over the new MEdia Net unlimited for $24.99. MEdia Net works well for all phones, including Treo650 and PPC phones.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast