1.    #1  
    on the back of the treo 650, this is the sprint version i dont know about the cingular ones, but right underneath the antenna there is this rubber circle mount that covers something. what is that? i dont wanna end up ripping it out just so that i can find out what it is.. but anyone know what its for? im thinkin maybe its for a hand strap for something?
    the treo 600 had the same thing..under it is a screw...and from there it takes you to neverneverland
  3.    #3  
    really... im gonna have to check it out!
    If your talking about the big rubber, underneath that is the external antenna connector. Search for "external antenna" here if you're interested in learning more.
    It is for an external antenna attachment. I have never seen/heard of anyone that has used it. Dont' even know where you would get the specific external antenna receiver (as it is meant to be used with car/home mounted antenna boosters I believe).
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52
    It is for an external antenna attachment. I have never seen/heard of anyone that has used it. Dont' even know where you would get the specific external antenna receiver (as it is meant to be used with car/home mounted antenna boosters I believe).

I saw a picture with someone hooked up a external antenna to their 650 or 600 can't remember which one it was gave them a bar or 2 if i remember right not really worth it to me, it was kinda expensive.
    the external antenna is pretty cool but it doesnt come with a belt clip so whats the point.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    external antenna link

http://www.accessorygeeks.com/treo650antnnas.html

Hmm looks like this one is wireless and doesnt need the connector.
    Last edited by aznmode; 02/25/2005 at 05:43 PM.