Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    VERSAMAIL! this software sucks. no matter when i use it, it immediately restarts my treo 650! i guess i can use it for soft reseting my treo since i use chatteremail.
    I have zero problems with versamail. Maybe another program is conflicting with it???
    Sorry bout the hassle but at least you see a silver lining....
    i love versamail..i wish i could know why my dates/times are screwed up but i like it a lot
    thats funny!! i got so fed up with it i put a custom rom to get rid of it
    Quote Originally Posted by spatel600
    VERSAMAIL! this software sucks. no matter when i use it, it immediately restarts my treo 650! i guess i can use it for soft reseting my treo since i use chatteremail.
    I have a smiliar problem. Versamail will reset the treo but only when there are a large number of notes being transferred. It seems like it works fine if it's only downloading around 10 notes. The other night I had 70 notes that were being downloaded and it reset the treo 6 times before it completed all downloads.

I had versamail on my treo600 and it worked fine. I believe the versamail on the treo650 is a newer version.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i love versamail..i wish i could know why my dates/times are screwed up but i like it a lot
    Hofo_mofo..when you look in your date and time settings do you have your city listed? if not *add* it...when I got my unlocked GSM I assumed I could set network time setting and everything would work but oddly the time was also set at +7 GMT and this caused other programs to have the wrong time...my sms message time was 2 hours ahead when I sent them, adding my city and choosing it fixed the problem.
    How do you use versamail??? Whats its function?? Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmill
    How do you use versamail??? Whats its function?? Thanks for your help.
    Do you own a Treo? I see by your posts that you have previously asked to be told what "Blazer" is too.

If you own a Treo 650 then Versamail is the default mail program and you can find out about it starting on page 62 of the user manual.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    what is the green key on the left and what is it's function....take me to your leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Do you own a Treo? I see by your posts that you have previously asked to be told what "Blazer" is too.

If you own a Treo 650 then Versamail is the default mail program and you can find out about it starting on page 62 of the user manual.

Hey, if they keep getting responses, they'll keep trolling.
    Trying using VersaMail in IMAP mode instead of POP3. It's more reliable that way.
    I have used VersaMail to access many accounts since it came out. It is a nice program. I have tried all of the other mail apps (for my Palmloyal.com or Detroit Palm User Group) and have not found it to be lacking anything that would justify be buying a different one to gain. Especially on the 650 where the on-board memory is so scarce. Having said that, I have experienced a wierd reset on it; however, this isn't a show stopper for me.

It seems that I have a red paper clip (representing an attachment) on emails that shouldn't have an attachment. When the icon is tapped, BAM, reset. I had that $100 Sprint coupon as an real attachment. I tapped to open it. It asks do you want to open in Browser? I click Yes, BAM, reset. I go to make a dummy message and attach a zipped file from the SD card to unzip it with Versamail. Click. Reset.

I did find that Versamail prefers that you click the attachment in the base of the email and not via the paperclip. Anyone else have a problem with resets during attachment handling?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    My perfect reset tool is selecting the "Preferences" in Real Player. Works every time. I will eventually try to figure out why, but Real Player works fine other wise.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Where to begin? I've had my Treo 650 for almost 5 days now, and VersaMail is the most unstable poorly coded app imaginable, and that's right out of the box!!!

First off, I have a POP account. One that I wish that is devoted to my Treo 650. I have all of my other email accounts filter out SPAM and stuff and then bounce any messages I receive to my Treo 650 account.

This worked flawlessy with the Treo 600 and the "Mail" program, but VersaMail is NOT meant to be used with a single POP account. It wants to "sync" everything, all of the time. Why? I don't want it to "sync" anything. Just get the damn mail!

I found I kept getting TONS of error messages "Cannot retrieve message" or "Message too large" on just normal "get mail" operations. I saw a number of people on here without VersaMail problems, so I started experimenting with EVERY combination of settings possible to find the "right one" which would work.

Well, if you leave the checkbox "leave messages on server" unchecked, that is where all of the error messages were coming from. You see, VersaMail cannot delete POP mail off of the server while it is fetching new mail. It's a bug.

Well, leaving that unchecked, I can get my mail, but now I'm stuck in the reboot loop. I usually get VersaMail to reboot every time there is more than 5 messages on the server.

All I want is a damn email program to fetch my email from a straight POP account and delete it when it's done. All I want is a program that will actually do what it says in the configuration screens. I love VersaMail the 1 out of 100 times it works correctly. ARE YOU LISTENING PALM? Please, fix these errors! This is unacceptable!!

It seems to me that maybe the people whom it works for are using IMAP instead of POP. Maybe?
    I'm using VersaMail as POP3, no problems.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios
    I'm using VersaMail as POP3, no problems.
    I'm glad it's working for you but it has been well documented here since November that MANY other people have found versa to be buggy and inconsistent with no 3rd party apps installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I'm glad it's working for you but it has been well documented here since November that MANY other people have found versa to be buggy and inconsistent with no 3rd party apps installed.
    Dutch-

Since disabling the NetTime, Versamail has been rock solid for me. I have 5 accounts setup and *can* autosync but don't for battery reasons. Been at least 3 weeks without any problems with Versamail now. I still can't believe how much aof a difference that made.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    xathros...thanks for that info!
    I have a much better way to soft reset the 650: just answer a call. See the thread I started yesterday on this subject if you haven't already looked at it.

As for Versamail, I set it up to get mail from one of my email accounts and it works fine, but one mildly annyoying thing is that the program automatically gets my mail every time I do a Hot Sync to update my Outlook info. I haven't taken the time to see if there is a setting to change this. Anyone know if there is? Thanks in advance.

Todd Serota
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Dutch-
    Since disabling the NetTime, Versamail has been rock solid for me. -X
    This is prob dumb question, but how again to disable nettime? Also I use Versamail for one POP3 and it resets alot, mostly when moving mail around or emptying trash. Is there a bug free alternative to send/recieve POP3 mail for my Treo?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast