Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can you just plug in the charger WITHOUT the sync cable?

It also seems like if you get one of those cheap eBay USB sync cables that charge off your USB port it should work (without the charger).

Is that correct?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Can you just plug in the charger WITHOUT the sync cable?
    Yes
    Hi,

Will the cradle support the use of a Treo 650 that is still in a skin case? This was one of the most frustrating issues I had with my T3 - having to remove it from its case to sync.

Thanks,
    Matt
    From looking at the pictures that would seem to be impossible. In fact, I even wonder if it would work with eGrips.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawMatt
    Hi,

Will the cradle support the use of a Treo 650 that is still in a skin case? This was one of the most frustrating issues I had with my T3 - having to remove it from its case to sync.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by enagel
    I received my T650 cradle kit today and have to say it's one of the poorest designed pieces I have seen in a long time. Instead of making it as sleek and non-assuming as possible on your desktop, you have to plug the USB charge/sync cable into the cradle and then plug the power adapter lead into the back of the charge/sync cable. This results in a multitude of cords cluttering up the desktop.
    -you would have the same number of cords on your desktop without the cradle. the purpose of the cradle is to display the pda, keep it off its back, provide a synching mechanism, and to provide charging for both the pda and a spare battery. the design is actually very sleek, there is no bulkiness. it is quite impressive how they built the spare battery charger into the device. i'm quite happy with mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by DawMatt
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Matt
    Any thickness on the sides or the back (e.g., skin case) would preclude being able to dock the T650 in the cradle.
    Me too!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12