1.    #1  
    Started out on an AT&T business plan with a new 650....the coverage & deal was much better if I did the same with Cingular, so I just received my Cingular 650. My AT&T 650 is all set up, apps installed, preferences, etc. If I just sync my new Cingular 650, will it replicate everything and be set up exactly like my AT&T unit?? Any feedback is appreciated!!

I think that if you hotsync the new 650 it wont work because it not only uses your hotsync ID (name) but a device identifier. You could do a backup and try a restore with BackupBuddy or something like that, but I personally have never tried it on a different Treo. It would make sense if your Treo was lost or stolen it should be able to sync right over. I would set Hotsync for PC to overwrite handheld, put the new 650 in there and see what happens....
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurora
    Started out on an AT&T business plan with a new 650....the coverage & deal was much better if I did the same with Cingular, so I just received my Cingular 650. My AT&T 650 is all set up, apps installed, preferences, etc. If I just sync my new Cingular 650, will it replicate everything and be set up exactly like my AT&T unit?? Any feedback is appreciated!!
    Not a problem if you are presumably dumping your 'old' ATT T650 for your Cingular one. Just do one last full HotSYnc with your current T650, then take your factory fresh Cingular T650 and HotSync it. You should get asked about the user name, and then it should sync fine. As a suggestion, before the final HotSync on the old unit I would dump my old Backups folder and then the last HotSync will create a fresh Backups folder. I would then make a copy of it just in case something goes wrong (rename it OldBackups or something like that). What you are doing is nothing different than if you had to do a warranty exchange on your T650. Routine...
  4.    #4  
    Worked perfect...thanks guys!
    I got ATT to unlock my ATT phone to use a Cingular SIM. It was NOT an easy process. I was told they would not unlock it under any circumstances. Then I told them I want to send the device back and they FINALLY gave me the unlock code.