1.    #1  
    Hi. In a perfect scenario this is what I could do:

1) Sync my contacts & iCal data
    2) Sync my Pocket Quicken
    3) But MOST OF ALL be able to hook up my .Mac mail account to my T650

I know there is no way to literally "push" my .mac account email. But any suggestions would be great.

***UPDATE***
    So using Versamail, I was able to set up my .Mac account to work perfectly. I did not have the automatic "Apple .Mac" profile in my settings though. But setting it up manually was no big hassle. I just had to make sure to add authentication with only my user name & not my whole email addy.
    Works just fine!
    Last edited by madebynick; 02/28/2005 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by madebynick
    Hi. In a perfect scenario this is what I could do:

1) Sync my contacts & iCal data
    2) Sync my Pocket Quicken
    3) But MOST OF ALL be able to hook up my .Mac mail account to my T650

I know there is no way to literally "push" my .mac account email. But any suggestions would be great.
    Maybe I didn't understand you question, but doesn't Versamail already read .Mac email? I use it to access .Mac email via IMAP and it works reliably. When you configure email with Versamail, one of the preconfigured profiles is US-.Mac.
    I have been investigating this the past few days. I set up a free account at http://www.fastmail.fm and have my .Mac email forwarded there. I downloaded the trial of Chatteremail and set up the IMAP account details for my fastmail account. It's working pretty well. I'm just trying to figure out how to get the syncing folders to work properly.
    It's funny, the fastmail hit my Treo before the .Mac mail on my laptop said I had new mail.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    ditto for me and .mac. It works. Here's the catch. Under use authentication, it autofills your email address in the username slot, when what you need is only your username. Edit that, and .mac should work fine. You do need authentication, though. I did, at least.
    I have no problems getting .Mac (IMAP) on my Treo 180 using Eudora, works like a charm. I don't bother to Sync my email, though (since it is all on the server anyway).
    -mbd26
    Versamail on my sprint 650 had a proper "Apple .Mac" setting, I just put in my username and password, and it did everything else proper for me. I was checking mail after 5 taps.

Setting up some filters and only downloading the subjects of each message makes the whole thing pretty responsive for me.

One thing I haven't figured out is if I can peruse folders other than "Inbox"...
    Last edited by lally; 02/25/2005 at 08:45 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by [ls]
    One thing I haven't figured out is if I can peruse folders other than "Inbox"...
    Same here. I'd like to be able to move certain emails into folders that I have set up on the server.