1.    #1  
    Ok I need some help please. I have a Treo 650 and recently purchased ZLauncher directly from palmone. I down loaded the file and then the hard part started. I tried to hotsync the program onto the phone and I got the following error message.

ERROR: The following file(s) could not be installed to the SecureDigital (SD) Card because there is no application on your handheld to open these files. If you have recently installed such an application, please run that application and then perform a HotSync operation.
    zl511ha.zip
    Install To Card synchronization failed

So after hours of working on the problem I was able to get the ZLauncher icon to show up, but after I tried to open it on the devise itself I got another error message.

No Available theme for this device! Please install a suitable theme for this device (like ZLT_AquawoodXP_Hi_64K.prc). You can find more themes at: http//www.zztechs.com/en/zlauncher/themes.htm

So I went to this site and located a "theme" After I downloaded it I again attempted to open the ZLauncher and got the same error message.

While I worked on this problem I located an instruction page on ZZtechs web page and it said I needed an unzipping program for the ZLuancher file. I downloaded this and opened the file and was still unable to send it to the device.

So with that said Im into this about 25.00 dollars and still no ZLauncher. Could anyone please help.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    You have to install Zlauncher to RAM, not SD card. Also, in the zip file of zlauncher, there are some themes there that are for hi-res screens or if you want to download other themes, make sure the theme you downloaded from the site you mentioned is for HI-res screen.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
  3.    #3  
    Ok I tried to move the program to the device and got another error message this one told me that the file could not be installed to the handheld?????
    Did you read the Read1st.htm file that comes with ZLauncher? It tells you exactly what to install and how.

After reading this again, I think you are trying to do everything through your Treo. You should download ZLauncher to your computer, read the instructions, install the files and sync it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Did you read the Read1st.htm file that comes with ZLauncher? It tells you exactly what to install and how.

After reading this again, I think you are trying to do everything through your Treo. You should download ZLauncher to your computer, read the instructions, install the files and sync it up.
    yes...erase everything, forget this all ever happened and start from scratch reading the instructions first.