Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    This may be a good deal for new customers to sprint, but is this really a good deal for an existing customer?

Don't most here already have either free vision on a grandfathered $85 plan or a retention plan, or have the grandfathered $10 vision with unlimited SMS, unlimited usage? If so it sounds like that has to be forfeited for this offer. It seems unclear if you're even able to keep your existing retention/old calling plan with this offer, the web page form does not have an option to keep existing plan. Who would be willing to lose their sweet retention or no longer offered plan for this it would end up costing more overall to go back to a normal current sprint plan and get free vision than to stay with current plan .

It seems like there are a high percentage of , hohum ,realtors on this forum. Obviously some being pushed to do this deal are not really realtors and is there a possibility in the future Sprint looks at everyone who did this deal through OTI company and cancel their service?? In also being I think a lot of people have higher than 20% discount anyway through either higher employer discount or a volume discount plus a loyalty discount, so the 20% is marginal. For me it would it is slightly higher than my current employee discount so it would be a good deal for me on that regard ,but , I know for some its less so not so good.

Even for a new customer or an old customer, the price is just not that cheap. It is available at treocentral store for 289 (maybe less) and tc is supported.
    That appears to be for new accounts only, though. For an old resigning account it is available at amazon for 319 after the sprint 150 rebate and other less trustable places for slightly less. So, where are the savings?

One of the responses I read said something about things changing on May 1 for current customers but I never saw what was going to be different and it is well into May?? Anyone know what the change was?

A lot of the responses from the OTI reps in both threads seemed like either they weren't totally informed or they were dodging something every so carefully, is everything above board on this? Even this thread title seem a little deceptive, OTI isn't offerenign 20% that is a sprint employee discount.

Hopefully I am missing something because I am very interested in this offer especially after seeing everyone rave about it on the two different threads on here, could not read all the responses, way too many , but .. what am I missing? Help convince me it is reliable and better than getting it elsewhere.
    read them all =P

the rebates on this deal are instant, the sprint rebate is mail in

20% off of monthly bill + free 15$ a month data is nice, for those who dont have a grandfathered plan. ordered mine friday and been smooth on their end (few errors on my part)
  3.    #83  
    correct
  4.    #84  
    offer still good
    I used OTI and I must say they were very responsive to any questions and were great to work with. I place my order and received the phones in just a couple of days. Thumbs up OTI.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    For all of you ordered thru OTI, from what I understand the final cost of sprint treo 650 is 599.99 - $150 rebate = $499.99 right? because another $100 comes up as promotional credit on your bill?( plz correct me if I am wrong). Also you definitely save $120 on pcs vision plan + 20% on monthly bills. So I guess it's only 20% part what caught you? I am looking to get this deal if someone can explain me or correct me.
    Thanks.
    MJ,

I want to get the Treo 650 for myself, but get a different phone for my wife (any newer model phone really). Can I order both phones (and port our existing numbers) through you? I'd go with the 800 min F&F plan.

Also, although it is stated here that the Prof. Vision Pack is free, when I looked at the OTI website, it says its a $15/mo "upgrade." Please clarify for me. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno-1445
    MJ,

I want to get the Treo 650 for myself, but get a different phone for my wife (any newer model phone really). Can I order both phones (and port our existing numbers) through you? I'd go with the 800 min F&F plan.
    I did the same thing through OTI in November (OTI & MJ11 managed to get 650's to us before a lot of others dieing to get theirs) with my 650 and a Samsung for my wife. Problem now is that my wife's Samsung suck donkey dk and she's jealous of my 650. Everything from OTI came as promised.

On a seperate note: MJ, I e-mailed you about this problem--any ideas?
    the cendant discount seems to have gone from 20% down to 9% monthly.

anyone have info?
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Mine's still 20% ($15 off $75). Billed on 7/6.
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    Mine's still 20% ($15 off $75). Billed on 7/6.

sprint changed it on july 12th (supposedly).
    anyone with info, as this is a big hit to the discount.
    iBug

----------
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    sprint changed it on july 12th (supposedly).
    anyone with info, as this is a big hit to the discount.
    Has anyone been able to confirm this?
    Sorry!!! I was wrong about my bill (I knew it was still 20% but I had the figs. wrong). My bill from 7/13 (billing period ended 7/12) is as follows:
    Monthly Service Charges $80.00
    Additional Usage Charges & Purchases 1.75
    Other Charges 3.68
    Other Credits & Adjustments -21.25
    Taxes, Surcharges & Fees 9.37
    TOTAL: $73.55

Don't know if it COMPLETELY addresses the concern but FWIW.
    Hey!

I've been a member here for a long time and have decided to give OTI a shot to replace my Treo 180 with the 650. Yes, I currently own and use a Treo 180. (I think I'm using my 7th replacement....lost count....) Anyways, the hinge finally broke on this one and so I'm taking the plunge.

I just wanted to document my experience for anyone out there on the fence like I was about these guys. (Everything I saw on the postings has looked good so far, but, it always helps to have a long time member add in their seal of approval in my book.)

I put in my order on Sat. Haven't received a follow up for my billing info as of yet (monday). But I did send a request to Michael at OTI and the reply was here first thing Monday.

I'll keep you all posted!
    Hey,

Spoke with Michael of OTI today and I wasn't too sure how billing worked(since the website doesn't ask you for a CC#) so he brought me up to speed.

"New customers will see everything on their first Sprint invoice. Existing customers wanting to upgrade, must pay with a CC. Credits are attached to the Sprint invoice over a couple of invoices." MJ

So I guess I will be getting my new phone today or tommorrow!

I will keep you folks posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp3008
    Has anyone been able to confirm this?
    my newest bill still has the 20%.
    also, i called again and this time was told it was still 20%.
    gotta love it.
    iBug

----------
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    my newest bill still has the 20%.
    also, i called again and this time was told it was still 20%.
    gotta love it.

Thanks... that is good to know. I should be receiving my next bill on August 12th. I'll let the board know if my bill still reflects a 20% discount.
    GOT MY PHONE YESTERDAY!

Ordered it on Saturday and Got it Tuesday....even better service than I got from Amazon when I bought my 180.

Service still hasn't transferred over so I can't really start playing with it yet....but I definitely feel like a kid on Christmas!

I'll keep you guys posted on Rebates and how long service takes to activate. I moved over from T-mobile to Sprint so I'm expecting a day or so wait for that to happen.
  19.    #99  
    T-Ulk, you get $150 and $100 off on your first Sprint invoice as a new customer. This makes the Treo $350. You also get 20% off your service each month and Free Vision for 2yrs. MJ

I can be reached here: mjones@oti-solutions.com
  20.    #100  
    bruno-1445, yes you can chose a second line. Just put it in the notes. All orders will receive Vision free for 2yrs through our promo.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast