1.    #1  
    i want to know what it means. is there a need for it or can it be shut off. it doesnt do this on pop3 accounts i have.
    mark
    I get the same message before it checks for new mail on Versamail...I have no idea what its doing. Also, when I delete a message on my Treo, it fails to delete it on my mail at work or Yahoo! (even though I have "delete on the server" checked)! I am so frustrated with this phone...its not near as user-friendly as the T600 I had.
  3.    #3  
    im hate using aol with these mail applications like versamail b/c imap4 is so complicated. pop3 accounts are super fast. the best thing for me is the aol for palm software., it is worth a million bucks to me. but bad luck for me, the aol for palm isnt compatible with the treo 650 yet. driving me crazy.
    i also hate that when i pull emails and read the new ones, it leaves them in the new mail box when i check aol on my computer. so annoying.
    i can use it with aol just to get by but its annoying. it takes forever for it to check for new messages etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by howardde
    I get the same message before it checks for new mail on Versamail...I have no idea what its doing. Also, when I delete a message on my Treo, it fails to delete it on my mail at work or Yahoo! (even though I have "delete on the server" checked)! I am so frustrated with this phone...its not near as user-friendly as the T600 I had.
    You need to empy the trash folder before the server deletion will take place