1.    #1  
    i have installed anything that can be installed to the sd card.
    i only have 1 mbs left

is there any programs that can trick the treo into thinking that its on the rom? is there any programs that can compress files on the handset that work well?

any answers / comments will be alot of help!

Thanks,

Grant
    Have you tried powerrun or zllauncher
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Yikes, do you have a bazillion contacts or something? Whats on there right now?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You could try to remove parts of applications that you have deleted by hard resetting and restoring your data. When I did that, I got about 1.2MB more space.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k
    You could try to remove parts of applications that you have deleted by hard resetting and restoring your data. When I did that, I got about 1.2MB more space.
    Wow, that seems extreme for just 1MB of space!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Um... Zlauncher.

Does anyone search the threads anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869
    Um... Zlauncher.

Does anyone search the threads anymore?

No, but you will get flamed for suggesting it!!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Make sure that any pictures you have are not stored on the internal ram. They will eat up a ton of space.
    I have been using PowerRun to move "what can be moved" to the SD card. Problem is many programs either won't work from there (i.e. Diet and Exercise Assistant which I sue to track my mountain biking and nutritional efforts) or take too long to load from there (like Voice Dial - 12 seconds). I saw TealAlias recommended on a Treo650 review site but have no idea how it stands up aganst Zlauncher or PowerRun. I crossed Zlauncher off my list for the same reason the 1st thing I do when faced with a WinXP box is turn all the XP GUI stuff off.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k
    1. If you do that and then HotSync, will ya get all the unused crap back ?
    2. Won't programs like Uninstall take care of that for ya ?
    3. How does one use a utility like CleanUp to find and remove that stuff w/o doing the hard reset thing ? That is, can I export a list of files on the Palm and then by their names find out what is essential and what's not ? there's 550 files in internal memory and I bet I don't need 100 of them....OTOH, delete the wrong bugger and you are hosed.
  11.    #12  
    looks like a good solution, but is there a version you can buy thats less glitchy? the download link is a bad link. anyone know where else to dl it?
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
    I just want to say that as a n00b, I found this thread during my thread searching. The making sure your photos are on the card and not on the device advice freed up like 5MB for me.

Now I'm exploring PowerRun and zlauncher to install as much as I can on my SD card.
    I hate to say it, but I find that sometimes tough choices have to be made. Palm didn't give us enough RAM. I nuked Vindigo and Avant Go because they were space hogs. So it's an answer you probably don't want to hear, but probably the best solution (beyond what you've done) is to prioritize programs and lose the rest. Don't blame (or flame) me. I'm just a messenger offereing some advice.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    i agree with you, mausalot. I had to uninstall Avantgo as well as ePocrates to give me more free RAM.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    mausalot and docgo...I have avantgo installed on SD and it works great. All of the info is stored on SD. The only file that has to be in RAM is the AG connect app which is pretty small.
    Also use the Dataviz Tech tool for moving Docs to Go files to the card.

I'm running 120+ programs with Zlauncher and I typically have 7ish megs free.

You can also move your pictures to your card.

What are you running? Use files and click on size to sort by the largest size program. Go down the list and make sure they are all legit.