1.    #1  
    I finally broke down and started using VersaMail - downloaded the entire POP3 inbox and sent some messages. Now when I exit VersaMail, it takes between five and ten seconds to go to the home screen. Is this normal. Everything seems more sluggish since I started using email.

On top of that, the phone app has started refusing to place about one in five calls. It will go to the dialing screen for about ten seconds, then return to the dialpad screen. What gives?

I have a Cingular 650
    On versamail, do you have it set to autodisconnect? If you do, every time you exit versamail, it will disconnect your data connection, but will not give you a status screen. It just hangs there for a few seconds while the connection is severed. It shouldnt take ten seconds. 3-4 at the most. If it takes THAT long, then something else may be going on.

What version firmware do you have? (Phone App, Options, Phone Info)

What SIM do you have? (64K? Serial No. ends with a G or an A?)

What applications have you loaded on your Treo?

How much memory do you have left?

Some things to ponder....
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Have you checked your sim card?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    On versamail, do you have it set to autodisconnect? If you do, every time you exit versamail, it will disconnect your data connection, but will not give you a status screen. It just hangs there for a few seconds while the connection is severed. It shouldnt take ten seconds. 3-4 at the most. If it takes THAT long, then something else may be going on.

What version firmware do you have? (Phone App, Options, Phone Info)

What SIM do you have? (64K? Serial No. ends with a G or an A?)

What applications have you loaded on your Treo?

How much memory do you have left?

Some things to ponder....
    I have version 1.04, a 32K sim (I think that constantly switching it back and forth between the Treo and the "drinking" phone, plus dropping it, holding it with my teeth, etc. may be corrupting it. I can't wait to play the 64K sim game in a few weeks...

I have fileZ and docs to go. Circa 200 contacts, I sync with Outlook and have at least 15mb of memory left. The phone is pretty virginal.

I think you are right on with the autodisconnect idea, ten seconds is probably just my perception of wondering if it's going to crash this time. Autodisconnect is set, and come to think about it, the exit from VersaMail is much quicker if I don't check messages or if it fails to connect.

Thanks for the help