Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Background:
    I am in sales and currently use a Tungsten T3 with Act for Palm (AFP) on the handheld which syncs w/ Act 6.0 on my desktop. I am out of the office a fair amount of time and often check voicemail and create new calls in AFP on the road.

Problem:
    I am considering purchasing a Treo. I held out waiting for the GSM version of the 650 and was disappointed to learn that AFP does not work with it. I tried the 600 for a couple of days using AFP and my negative comment is that it was difficult to call in & listen to a voicemail and simultaneously write the message down in a new AFP call due to having to toggle back and forth between the phone mode and AFP.

I have come to rely on the convenience of AFP in scheduling calls, memos, to-dos (and follow up events) directly with individual ACT contacts. From other threads I understand that with Companionlink (& others) I can get ACT to sync with the Treo, but I will lose the ability to link a to-do with a particular contact if it is first created on the Treo.

That being said I am looking for insight from Act users (experienced with either the 600 or 650) as to the difficulty/ease of use and how much of an issue this actually is. Also, any insight or tricks on calling voicemail using the Treo and simultaneously recording a new to-do on it.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give as much detail as I could. This might sound like I am being picky, but it is a fairly important real world funtionality issue for me. I love the other features that the Treo has and am hoping to be able to get down to having to carry only one device. Thank you in advance.

Scott
    We had to go the companionlink route...it does supporrt two way links...unlike AFP...download the free trial and give it a shot!