Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Well it looks like my 650 did it to me again. Just when I thought I finally got one that was stable and functioning properly after numerous returns my extremely loud ringer problem has returned.

The odd this was that for the last two days, the ringer volume was rather low so I had to crank up the ringer volume to max in order to hear it. I dont mind the ringer volume being low because I also use the vibrate feature. All of a sudden this morning, the ringer volume demons returned. Now even at the lowest setting, the ringer is tooooo loud!

Does anyone else have this problem? It is not as if the ringer volume is increasing randomly within a range. When it is loud, it is WAY beyond the maximum volume of when it behaving normally.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Happens to me sometimes. All of a sudden the volume increases. Do you have ptunes and did you turn up the volume boost? This may be part of your issue...but probably not. May want to take a look.

rob
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    robm...thanks for the reply. I do have ptunes but the thing is, I had this installed for a few days now and the ringer volume was normal. Without adding any additional SW, the ringer volume changed this morning.

When your volume changes, does it get REALLY loud??? or is it still within the range that you can adjust with the side buttons?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    It gets loud enough that I can hear the phone alarm all the way on the other side of my house, pretty clearly, and at time thought it was someones elses phone going off because it seemed so close to me. In either event, I think that it is just some software going haywire and I was reading that Cingular is working (or palmone is working on for cingular) a patch to fix all of these issues (supposedly). Time will tell...if you cant beat it, ignore it...

I have wondered if this is part of the Sim card issue...which one do you have?

rob
    Check the volume settings in Preferences ->Sound and alerts.. sometimes after a few soft resets it reverts to a high alert volume, particular the system volume (under General, on that page).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Scottymono: thanks for the advice...this was one of the first things I checked..

RobM: I have a new Axalto SIM card. It has helped eliminate the corrupt vmail # issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    Scottymono: thanks for the advice...this was one of the first things I checked..

RobM: I have a new Axalto SIM card. It has helped eliminate the corrupt vmail # issue.
    Do you send MMS with sound attachments? Using the builtin recorder? I noticed that all my sounds went to a much higher setting after using that once. In sound settings the numbers were showing what they should be, but they were actually much higher. For me at least, changing the numbers and then changing them back to the number I wanted (1 in many cases) worked for me
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    seaflipper: I did not even know the 650 had a built in recorder...how do I acccess it? Can it be used to record short voice memos?

On other note, I find it very odd that everyone else seems to have an issue with ringer volume being too low. Since this has happened to 2 of my 650's so far, it must be something in my SW config. Right now, the programs I have installed are Butler, Treoguard, Pocket Tunes, Agendus Pro, Snappermail, Zlauncher, Resco Explorer.

Any thoughts???