Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Maybe I'm going crazy but was the 650 removed from cingular's site?
    You are not crazy, it has been pulled in my area a well (south louisiaina). I wonder what the heck is going on?
    Treoseur
    Same in NYC.
    Honestly, I am not really surprised with the all mess with SIM cards and quality issues of the 650.
    I think the device needs better testing.
    it was pulled because cingular can't keep up with the demand.
    Mon, February 21, 2005
    Inventory Shortage Overview:

Demand for the Treo 650 has been far stronger than expected. The number of units originally forecast to be sold by the end of May are now forecast to be sold by the end of March. Currently, total Treo 650 sales are running at three times what was forecast.

The disparity between regional market forecasts and actual demand has led to a substantial backorder situation for Orange Treo 650 units units that use Cingular SIMs and that are sold through retail, eStore and other consumer-facing channels. To counteract this deficit, Orange Treo 650s are being transferred from the Ft. Worth DC to Memphis. Also, Cingular has placed additional orders for Treo 650s with PalmOne early last week and requested accelerated delivery of pending shipments.
    again, it's important to note that this is in reference to cingular orange treo 650's and not the european wireless carrier that goes by the same name.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    it was pulled because cingular can't keep up with the demand.again, it's important to note that this is in reference to cingular orange treo 650's and not the european wireless carrier that goes by the same name.
    well thats a good sign I guess... BUT why would Cingular stop taking orders? Its not like them to stop selling something just because they dont have it in stock?
    What problems? Its the best phone I've ever seen.

http://www.cingular.com/treo650
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    well thats a good sign I guess... BUT why would Cingular stop taking orders? Its not like them to stop selling something just because they dont have it in stock?
    i'm not 100% sure, but legally, i don't think they can sell what they knowingly don't have in their inventory.

MVT, that direct link to the cingular 650 still comes up occasionally, but comes back null when you try to actually purchase the device.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    The demand for this product is off the chart. Hoepfully Palm wil get teh updates out soon and fix some of the issues some are facing. The phone has been working great for me with minimal problems.
    They did not pull it due to order volume or lack of stock, I just spoke to my b2b rep and he told me that there is a software patch in the works for the cingular 650 that should correct many if not all of the isues we are having. Ironically he mentioned what he thought was a fix for "bluetooth DEN" I quickly pointed out that he was talking about "DUN". I hope he was relaying good info about a DUN patch from cingular for the 650. We will see!!!
    Treoseur
    yeah, i had a guy in here the other day, and luckily for him, i had one left over from another customer that was ineligible for migration. he said he'd been everywhere looking for one, and was surprised when the last place he thought would have it actually did.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    They did not pull it due to order volume or lack of stock, I just spoke to my b2b rep and he told me that there is a software patch in the works for the cingular 650 that should correct many if not all of the isues we are having. Ironically he mentioned what he thought was a fix for "bluetooth DEN" I quickly pointed out that he was talking about "DUN". I hope he was relaying good info about a DUN patch from cingular for the 650. We will see!!!
    a patch?! that's great news for everyone. especially for those who've been having trouble getting the subsidy codes for their 650's.
    Curious because with other hot products, PT Cruiser and Volkswagen Bettle for example your was put on a wait list and the dealers were given allocations based on sales.

Maybe they are going to announce the "660" with improved speaker phone yadayadayada and "correct" the price of the locked GSM.
    It is not just the T650 that Cingular pulled. They also pulled the SX66 PPC phone from stores. When I asked why, one rep "speculated" that Stores were losing money and sitting on non-selling inventory. I was trying to pump her for info regarding bugs in the two phones.
    Yup, pulled off the site. I logged in from Tampa and the 650 is not an option for purchase.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  15.    #15  
    Alilttle of topic BUT:

If there is a patch how would it be distributed? Is it a push to the phone or a download from somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by tencargarage
    Curious because with other hot products, PT Cruiser and Volkswagen Bettle for example your was put on a wait list and the dealers were given allocations based on sales.

Maybe they are going to announce the "660" with improved speaker phone yadayadayada and "correct" the price of the locked GSM.
    Did you enter this with your Treo? And if so, was it set to "English"?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    Alilttle of topic BUT:

If there is a patch how would it be distributed? Is it a push to the phone or a download from somewhere?
    My guess it would be a download from the Palmone site...I have not been with Cingular very long, with ATT for a long time, and ATT wouldnt even tell you about a patch, no was I ever aware of them ever sending some type of fix to my phone.

rob
    i hav ebeen told than cingular shipped the 650 with the wrong kind of simcard they are correcting the problem and phone will be back in one week.
    Quote Originally Posted by gualti
    i hav ebeen told than cingular shipped the 650 with the wrong kind of simcard they are correcting the problem and phone will be back in one week.
    I would be more excited if I knew where you heard that...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I would be more excited if I knew where you heard that...
    cingular manager in New york
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast