1.    #1  
    These PDF instructions are just rediculous. I'm so angry because I've put at least 2 hours into this damn thing and I haven't gotten past step 1!!! Now the thing has locked up my phone and I'll have to soft reset. Has ANYONE had the same problems? I'm so angry because these set up instructions require a college degree and I have two!!!

Help Obi Wans of the TreoCentral board fam. Help help help. Tell me how to set this thing up before my Treo becomes airborne.
  2.    #2  
    Everytime I go into Noise Level Analysis my phone locks up.
  3.    #3  
    Okay I go into my Apps and tap on Voice Launcher icon. It takes me to the program page that reads:

VoiceLauncher (on left) (checked)Enabled

App l Len l Name

Record Execute SD MEM

NOW... What do I do?
    I bought voicelauncher the other day and wish I hadn't. I deleted it off my 650 yesterday because it's so worthless. Lesson: Try before you buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gillum
    I bought voicelauncher the other day and wish I hadn't. I deleted it off my 650 yesterday because it's so worthless. Lesson: Try before you buy.
    I am with you! I did the same thing and am deleting it as well. Doe sthe Voice Program that comes witht he TREO 650 work with BT Headset Scala 500?
    Semper Fi
    If you want a free IPod click Free IPod

6.    #6  
    Okay, I figured it out. If anyone needs any help, I'll be happy to walk you through the process. It's up and rolling and not that bad at all. My BT hasn't come in yet, so I may be in for stormy seas up ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockmarket
    Okay, I figured it out. If anyone needs any help, I'll be happy to walk you through the process. It's up and rolling and not that bad at all. My BT hasn't come in yet, so I may be in for stormy seas up ahead.
    I'm glad you've succeeded configuring and using it.

With you experience, can you suggest changes in the tutorial that would have made it better to understand/follow at the 1st time?

Regards, Jean-Francois.

Note: I was out during 2 weeks, I was able to support users thru emails but not on discussion forum, sorry about it...
    a walkthrough would be great
    Will voicelauncher support bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by dgelfuso
    Will voicelauncher support bluetooth?
    I'll certainly get a real 650 device this week-end, thanks to a mytreo.net admin that made it possible to bring one for me in Europe (VoiceLauncher can be purchased thru mytreo.net's store). I will have, then, the opportunity to find a solution for this bluetooth limitation.

I can't tell that VoiceLauncher will support it of course, there is no way to know if a solution is possible, but you can be sure I'll try to find one!

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
  11.    #11  
    Hi everyone. Sorry, I didn't know the discussion in this thread had continued. I junked VoiceLauncher because it would not work in the car and that's why I got the software in the first place. Didn't matter if I was moving or at a stoplight, it just wouldn't dial the right number in the car. Very odd and very annoying.

Hi highly recommend Voice Signal by PalmOneundefined. It works perfect and there's no setup necessary. Just install and go!!!! Comes with a 14 day trial and it's only $19 to buy, 1/2 of what VoiceLauncher cost. The only drawback is it doesn't open apps. This doesn't bother me, because like I said I bought it for safety issues while driving.
    I usally use a good part of software trial periods. My 14 day trial of VoiceDial lasted about 2 hours. Used the Treo to register and download the key after making only 3 calls with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockmarket
    These PDF instructions are just rediculous. I'm so angry because I've put at least 2 hours into this damn thing and I haven't gotten past step 1!!! Now the thing has locked up my phone and I'll have to soft reset. Has ANYONE had the same problems? I'm so angry because these set up instructions require a college degree and I have two!!!

Help Obi Wans of the TreoCentral board fam. Help help help. Tell me how to set this thing up before my Treo becomes airborne.

Trash voice launcher and take a look at Voice Dialer PRO at www.groverind.com it is much better product and better support.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Interesting choice Voice Dialer pro, only thing is that the manual says you can't dial a number by digits using the voice dialer. Do you know if the dialer will also announce the incoming number. Thanks
    So then.....voice signal vs. voice dialer pro which has more functionality???

Am I correct in assumiing that you can dial a number by digits with voice signal?

Looking at the webpage, I see nothing for TREO 600, anyone using it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rbeaufor
    So then.....voice signal vs. voice dialer pro which has more functionality???

Am I correct in assumiing that you can dial a number by digits with voice signal?

Looking at the webpage, I see nothing for TREO 600, anyone using it?
    voice signal only works on the T650. Voice dialer PRO works on both T600/650 and it can launch application and system panels and commands such as take a picture, get mail, new memo, etc.. but it doesnt do digit dialling yet.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    just reading through it, voice signal sounds like the better program, unfortunately it does not work for the T600. I tried emailing info@groverind.com to get a trial copy of VD pro, but it came back to me. I'll have to try their sales email address.

In the interim, I installed the trial version of voice launcher...so far its pretty much crap. I'll have to agree with the many people who posted here stating likewise.

Are their any other voice dialing programs which deserve mention????