Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How many millions of dollars do you suppose they spent getting this marvelous 650 to market? What a truly incredible effort... but all fanfare aside, I have a couple of essential questions:

1. Does anyone know what the plan is for Palm1 adding more bluetooth drivers to the list of supported headsets?... I've got an HBH-300 and I'm pissed that this beautiful piece of hardware isn't supported... it is without question the heavyweight champion of real world great Bluetooth headsets.

2. What's with the 5way navigator not providing quick access to call log, camera etc. in phone app?... the Treo 600 did this, but it looks like the 650 doesn't even allow for customization! Here's what I'm talking about...

You're in the phone screen, you've disabled "show calendar event" and "show favorite buttons" in the General Preferences.... now... the down arrow leads you to your favorites (which you'd have to push to get to all of them anyway), good enough, but now..... try pressing the UP or RIGHT or LEFT side of the 5way navigator.... NOTHING HAPPENS!!... what the hell... you've got to be kidding me... no call log, no camera, no customizability?

Somebody please tell me I'm full of it (wouldn't be the 1st time, lol)... and please show me that you really CAN change the settings for this... if not, there is a pier... into the Atlantic Ocean... it's really close by, I could be probably get this thing at least 70-80 yards out with the right wind.

C'mon Palm... @%^#)&~!@
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    if not, there is a pier... into the Atlantic Ocean... it's really close by, I could be probably get this thing at least 70-80 yards out with the right wind.

C'mon Palm... @%^#)&~!@
    It's your money! Hehe
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    Precisely, and the 650 appears to somewhat of a waste of my money.... I've been a strong proponent of palm since 1994... Blackberry here I come.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You can get at the call log and some favorites by pressing the phone button a second time. I don't use these features enough to know how it works with your configuration.
    1. Does anyone know what the plan is for Palm1 adding more bluetooth drivers to the list of supported headsets?... I've got an HBH-300 and I'm pissed that this beautiful piece of hardware isn't supported... it is without question the heavyweight champion of real world great Bluetooth headsets.
    What makes you think any additional drivers are required by the Treo to use the HBH-300? According to Sony Ericsson:

The HBH-300 works with any Bluetooth phone that supports the Bluetooth Headset or Handsfree profiles.

The Treo supports both the HSP and HFP profiles.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    2. What's with the 5way navigator not providing quick access to call log, camera etc. in phone app?... the Treo 600 did this, but it looks like the 650 doesn't even allow for customization! Here's what I'm talking about...

You're in the phone screen, you've disabled "show calendar event" and "show favorite buttons" in the General Preferences.... now... the down arrow leads you to your favorites (which you'd have to push to get to all of them anyway), good enough, but now..... try pressing the UP or RIGHT or LEFT side of the 5way navigator.... NOTHING HAPPENS!!... what the hell... you've got to be kidding me... no call log, no camera, no customizability?
    I have my 650 setup the same way and have 1 row show for favorite buttons.

What I see is Contacts and Voicemail favorite buttons. If I use the Nav to scroll down I get the first 16 favorite buttons. I can scroll down/up and if I scroll to the right I get the next 16 favorite buttons. I can continue to scroll right and get the next bank of 16 favorites..up to 5 pages in all.

Sounds as if you may have a bad device.
  7.    #7  
    Absolutely not, the HBH-300 is not supported by palm... no headset initiated calls are possible no voice dialing and so forth. and to boot it is not listed as having drivers available for it.
    it is not listed as having drivers available for it
    It's a Bluetooth device, no "drivers" are needed. As long as it and the phone support the same BT profiles (which they do as far as I can tell), it should work. Those other features may not, but basic BT functions should.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    It's a Bluetooth device, no "drivers" are needed. As long as it and the phone support the same BT profiles (which they do as far as I can tell), it should work. Those other features may not, but basic BT functions should.
    That is the difference. My Jabra works great, volume is great, etc., but no voice dialing. I remember one of the voice program developers saying that Palm had to put a hook in or something.
    If your problem and reason to switch from the Treo 650 to the Blackberry is access to your call log at the phone screen, you should have never considered getting a Treo in the first place.

Treo = Expandibility, PIM, Replacement desktop applications, large open-source development community

Blackberry = Push corporate email services, phone, cheaper. No expandibility options, no 3rd party apps, very small development community.

Comparing the Treo to the Blackberry makes no sense to me whatsoever. You can compare them... but one should realize they are completely different beasts.
    And in the reply regarding your HBH300. Have you tried it? It will work. No driver or software support is needed. Bluetooth voice dialing has not been enabled on any wireless device (Palm or PocketPC).

The whole concept and point behind bluetooth was this very thing. That you cold pair multiple peripherals and devices without any installation of software as long as they spoke the correct "profile". The 650 supports both handsfree and headset. Your HBH300 supports at LEAST headset (not sure about handsfree... check you SE documentation). Once paired the headset will work for answering and making calls (provided you deal from the phone, sound will switch to a paired headset within range).
    Besides, the HBH-200 is truly the king of headsets. No cyborg look and you get caller ID too. My HBH-200 works great (with caller ID).
  13.    #13  
    Let's try this again folks, this time read and think. I love palm/handspring products, til this one anyway. I've owned virtually ALL OF THEM. The HBH-300 smokes any other bluetooth headset out there for noisy environments... I've used it with a number of other phones, with almost flawless performance, even in very loud and windy places. LISTEN CAREFULLY "IT DOES NOT WORK WITH THE TREO 650 & PALM ONE ACKNOWLEDGES THIS" Did ya get it this time? Good. Here's a list of what it WILL NOT DO:
    1. When the T650 rings you cannot pick up the call soley with the headset, you have to answer the phone AND press the button on the headset (if it was compatible you would not need to do this)
    2. In order to place a call with the headset, you must press the button on the headset AND make the call with the T650 (if it was compatible you would not need to do this either).
    3. And finally, most bluetooth cellphones out there are capable of this: you press the button on your bluetooth headset, it beeps, you say (for example) "redial" or "sales manager" or whatever you have programmed in that you want the phone to dial... the phone repeats your own voice back to you as a confirmation and it dials... YOU NEVER TOUCH THE PHONE... as a "busy as hell" business owner and power user, it's what I expect out of a $600 pda/phone. It's not unreasonable to expect... unless you own an HBH-300 and T650 of course
    Again, for the reading impaired... PALM ONE ACKNOWLEDGES THIS!
    Now then, is there anyone out there that has a T650 and successfully uses an HBH-300 with it?... I mean with full capability as stated above? I would love to hear "YES, I own one and it works great" ...because I haven't completely ruled out that I might just have one of the 25% of faulty 650's that have been shipped out there. Mine is also cycling through powering on and off too and I have a 32k SIM.
  14.    #14  
    Oh yeah, and one more thing... I still haven't heard anyone directly address the "one-step" navigation difference between the T600 and the T650. Personally, based on the responses I've gotten from you guys, you're not real power users, and are just blindly defending the T650 no matter how bad or good it is... am I wrong?
  15.    #15  
    And hey "Moppet52"... what do you mean "have I tried it"? are you serious? read man, read. And your statement "Bluetooth voice dialing has not been enabled on any wireless device (Palm or PocketPC)"... are you high? Of course it has, there are some tremendous software bundles out there specifically written for voice dialing for the T650 and most other PDA / phones... jeeesh.
    Are you done?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  17.    #17  
    No... actually, I'm not... like most of us, I've been waiting for over a year to have Bluetooth enabled Treo... and I feel completely "F"ing ripped off here... if you don't, then you're a freaking sheep... get in line for your carrot bubba.

If you guys have any doubts about how bad this issue is check out this link:

http://forums.palmone.com/pe/action/...nelID=10100160

Now they're announcing the release of the T650 in Europe... most European business people I know are on bluetooth. Gonna be alot of disappointed people out there unless P1 gets their Bluetooth stuff together & quick.

Bottom line, like it or not... for power users, the Treo 600 is a more stable, more intuitive piece of equipment... FACT.
    [QUOTE=tundycentral]
    Now they're announcing the release of the T650 in Europe... most European business people I know are on bluetooth. Gonna be alot of disappointed people out there unless P1 gets their Bluetooth stuff together & quick.
    QUOTE]
    I guess if they're using an HBH-300!
    Last edited by millerhifi; 02/25/2005 at 08:30 PM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    WOW i hope some day i can be a real power user, not do my homework before buying then ***** about not getting what i want. if this is a deal breaker, maybe you should have researched it specifically..before buying it. now that you cant get what you want you lash out at people that are responding to your request for help
    btw facts can be proven, i believe you have a strong opinion
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Jumping into the fray...

Why would the HBH-660 work and not the 330?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast