Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I think 6 months of researching, re-researching and being a heavy user of a t600 is enough to gain some confidence, don't you? But ultimately, it's about being lied to... there are a ton of $150 basic bluetooth phones out there that work with virtually all bluetooth headsets and the T650 doesn't... it's that simple, smartass.
  2.    #22  
    It isn't just about the HBH-300, loser... follow the link I supplied and weep.
  3.    #23  
    Well 7zero, according to what I'm reading, the 660 doesn't have full functionality, not even close... believe me friend, I want sooo badly for this phone to work... did you ever try and go backwards to a 600 and retain all your data? he he... yep.. can't do that either... sucks eh? You know for quite a while, I was using my Treo 600 with a jabra adapter and this very same HBH-300... worked great too! This, gentlemen, is why I'm so pissed... The 650 was not ready for release and they did it any way...
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    It isn't just about the HBH-300, loser... follow the link I supplied and weep.
    Whose the loser??

Mods can we kill the thread please and the SOB with the attitude!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Hi Tundy.

First off, sorry to hear you're having so many problems with the 650. I jumped into the mix in December, as soon as I could get my hands on my 650 and never looked back.

I ordered the P1 BT 250 and it sucked. I then ordered the HBH-660 and to my surprise it works well. I'm not sure what you mean by: "the 660 doesn't have full functionality, not even close".

On my 660 with my 650, I get caller ID (the number not the name), speedy call ring in my ear, and speedy pick up with the button on the side of the 660. Hanging up is, well, no problem. I have a pair of SlicSounds and I am content more than pleased with my setup.

[RANT ON] While the Treo 650, has problems, I resent the remark that we are Sheep. If you're not happy return your device and be done with it. I AM NOT a Palm Apologist, but I knew full well of the various problems with the phone before I bought the bullet...er Treo 650.

I had a Treo 300 and 600 before and with each one there are differences to be sure, but hey, it's my money, I bought them and appreciate T|C for helping me make my choices before buying anything...case, battery, charger or cradles.

If after doing your research and buying the 650, you're not happy...how can you say you were lied to? By whom? This board is full of posts picking this device apart. Search and see...from the color of the case, the antenna, the screen, which screen protectors to buy, you name it.

Don't be mad because you did the research knew about the faults, but still bought the device. [RANT OFF]
  6.    #26  
    Done with the rant... Thanks for the sympathy... sincerely... but this product was not ready for market, you must admit. The "lied to" part is simple; They knew how many serious power users out there were dying to get a bluetooth enabled Treo, and they released this thing with the majority of the headsets out there not compatible with it(current ones, not discontinued products). Let me ask you, at the risk of redundancy, because it DOES sound like you have FULL functionality with your HBH-660... Are you saying that you:
    1. Get a ring in the headset when the Treo rings?
    2. You can pick up the call with the 660 only (no phone assistance?)
    3. You can initiate a call with voice recogition.. including redial?.. incl. voicemail check?

Where does the Caller ID show up? (digitally on the side of the ear piece or it announces it audibly?)

I used the word "sheep" because it was evident by many of the responses that they weren't even reading what I wrote, just "knee-jerk" responding to who knows what.

You seem to be on the ball... what do you make of the "non-programmable" 5way nav button (that WAS programmable in the T600)?

Thanks for the input.

H.
    Key West
  7.    #27  
    Millerhifi... I'm new to this method of communciation but honestly, you've been entirely unhelpful (no real input at all) and just love to laugh and poke fun... what is it again that you contribute here?
    Apparently a lot more than you have!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Millerhifi... I'm new to this method of communciation but honestly, you've been entirely unhelpful (no real input at all) and just love to laugh and poke fun... what is it again that you contribute here?
    1955 posts over two pages of threads started
    vs
    28 posts of *****ing (about the same thing on different threads) and personal attacks
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Ill go ahead and throw my 5 cents into this issue on the 5 way. I dont have an opinion on BT. Dont have it and dont care (never seen the need to look like a trek geek with a big knob on my ear.)
    In any case I digress....
    I too hated the loss of the old way 600 interface at first. I thought it was very short sighted and dumb to take out a feature I loved. After a few days of use I reassesed my opinion. Just take some time to add a few favorites to your "home" page. you loose at most 2 apps from a single key press, but you gain lots of customization for the loss of those 2 single keypresses.
    From your posts it sounds like you feel your time is extreemly valuable..
    ex: you dont have time to answer the phone with a key push and then a bt headset push. You dont have time to hit the phone key, then up then phone key to do a redial. the list goes on. Maybe you need to confine yourself to an office where all of the needed full sized equipment is availible at your fingertips. For the rest of us (yes we are power users) we find that the features of this phone far out weigh its few quirks.
    Just out of curiosity, if I make a bluetooth headset that will (when hooked up to my nokia xbttoastmaster) automaticly start my bagel tosting when I get my wakeup call, and then the TREO doesnt support that function, has palm failed again?
    Does the treo support BT? yep.
    Does the treo support all the myrad of BT functions? No.
    Does the treo support all of the basic BT functions one would expect? yep
    Its an open ended architecture so that some fool could in fact build his toastmaster if he desired. Your BT headset sounds great. I am sure there are lots of phones that it does each and every function it has available. But for some reason you have a treo, maybe because those phones dont do all the treo does. I am sure someone could build you a phone and bt pair that does each and every little thing you want, but by then you would need a small army of porters to make it mobile.
    In any case I ramble on. Its just so frustrating to see people ***** and whine about the phone. Have there complaints answered, then have them ***** and whine some more that we are too stupid to understand the problem.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Okay, this is going to get out of control. I don't know Millerhifi, but he (if it is a he...if not, no offense) has contributed to quite a number of topics over the years...antagonism is not helping the discussion.

To answer your queries:

1. Get a ring in the headset when the Treo rings? Indeed it does.

2. You can pick up the call with the 660 only (no phone assistance?) Again, yes indeed.

3. You can initiate a call with voice recognition...including redial?.. incl. voicemail check? Ah, sadly Nope on this one. Haven't heard of one that works, or if the Treo 650 will have this functionality. I use Sprint's VoiceCommand. It works to my satisfaction.

4. Where does the Caller ID show up? (digitally on the side of the ear piece or it announces it audibly?) As stated above, the earpiece rings in my ear and the number appears in a small screen on the side of the headset (http://store.treocentral.com/content.../9-32--149.htm). It is backlit for easy reading. The volume of the ringer and caller can be changed independently.

5. What do you make of the "non-programmable" 5way nav button (that WAS programmable in the T600)? To be honest, I don't miss the 5-way nav programmability. I have more buttons on the phone. I use the "Green" button to pull up Call Log, and quick keys for accessing the Web and other functions. Not really a problem, because there are other ways to access what I want when I want it. In fact, I never even thought about it until you mentioned it. Now that you've brought it up, I don't even miss it and will promptly forget it ever existed.

Cheers!
    Last edited by 7zero; 02/26/2005 at 08:02 AM. Reason: grammatical...whoops.
    No... actually, I'm not... like most of us, I've been waiting for over a year to have Bluetooth enabled Treo... and I feel completely "F"ing ripped off here... if you don't, then you're a freaking sheep... get in line for your carrot bubba.
    Where did you buy your Treo? Don't you have 30 days to return it for full refund?

Take it back and be done with it.

I have no problems with mine. I agree with you with the better navigating buttons of the Treo 600 but regardless, there is no way I am going back to the Treo 600 after only a couple weeks with the T650.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Not to be redundant, but I use an HBH-660 with my T 6.5, and I can confirm 7zero's responses to questions 1 through 4, regarding the 660's BT behaviour with the Tréo.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero
    Okay, this is going to get out of control. I don't know Millerhifi, but he (if it is a he...if not, no offense) has contributed a quite a number of topics over the years...antagonism is not helping the discussion.
    Yes, I am a "he" and I will be the bigger man and apologize for being a bit of a smart alec in posts #2, #16 and #18. I've been around here for a long time and I have succesfully helped many people with their issues as many people have helped me! I am very grateful for that and happy that I have been able to assist others. But I don't appreciate being told that I'm a freaking sheep... get in line for your carrot bubba, being called a loser and being told "you're not real power users, and are just blindly defending the T650 no matter how bad or good it is... ".
    So can we move on now?
    Last edited by millerhifi; 02/25/2005 at 11:12 PM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I don't understand why people think those things are so wonderful, but that's just me.
    You need a different headset my friend! I had the Motorola HS810, a fine headset if ever there was one, but sadly I experienced the same oroblems as you. Had to push a key on the headset AND phone to make a call (no automatic audio transfer), couldn't answer from the headset (reliably, sometimes it worked), ALMOST never rang in my ear (therefore when it did it scared the beejesus out of me). All those things caused me to give it up. I switched to the Cardo Scala 500 (volume was another issue with the Moto, but that's the Treo's fault too) and I freaking LOVE it! Comfort, features, and design all get a 100% thumbs up from me! And I've been a user of Sprint's VoiceCommand program for four years (4,215 VC contacts and counting) so that solved the otherwise annoying Voice Dialing problem. Sorry if none of this helps, but honestly you should have done better research. All these issues were widely known here.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I don't understand why people think those things are so wonderful, but that's just me.
    You need a different headset my friend! I had the Motorola HS810, a fine headset if ever there was one, but sadly I experienced the same oroblems as you. Had to push a key on the headset AND phone to make a call (no automatic audio transfer), couldn't answer from the headset (reliably, sometimes it worked), ALMOST never rang in my ear (therefore when it did it scared the beejesus out of me). All those things caused me to give it up. I switched to the Cardo Scala 500 (volume was another issue with the Moto, but that's the Treo's fault too) and I freaking LOVE it! Comfort, features, and design all get a 100% thumbs up from me! And I've been a user of Sprint's VoiceCommand program for four years (4,215 VC contacts and counting) so that solved the otherwise annoying Voice Dialing problem. Sorry if none of this helps, but honestly you should have done better research. All these issues were widely known here.
    So, for a Treo 600 owner, I suppose that you would recommend the Cardo Scala 500 over the Motorola HS820?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Yes, I am a "he" and I will be the bigger man and apologize for being a bit of a smart alec in posts #2, #16 and #18. I've been around here for a long time and I have succesfully helped many people with their issues as many people have helped me! I am very grateful for that and happy that I have been able to assist others. But I don't appreciate being told that I'm a freaking sheep... get in line for your carrot bubba, being called a loser and being told "you're not real power users, and are just blindly defending the T650 no matter how bad or good it is... ".
    So can we move on now?
    Hi Miller.

You're a bigger man for apologizing. Sorry, if it sounded as if I was calling you antagonistic. I was trying to bring civility back to the impending flame war over this issue.

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomho
    So, for a Treo 600 owner, I suppose that you would recommend the Cardo Scala 500 over the Motorola HS820?

Tomo, here are a few threads to wade through for what is/isn't the best BT headset out there...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66402

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73198

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66752

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=70496

http://www.treocentral.com/content/P...detail-100.htm

Props to MFizzel for finding these links.

Cheers & Good luck.
    Last edited by 7zero; 02/26/2005 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Replace broken links...
  19.    #39  
    Thanks so much for the useful input... I'll check into the Scala!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero
    Hi Miller.

You're a bigger man for apologizing. Sorry, if it sounded as if I was calling you antagonistic. I was trying to bring civility back to the impending flame war over this issue.

Cheers!
    No worries!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast