1.    #1  
    I just downloaded a trial of mRing, and overall I think it's great. However, I've found what might be a bug. I set a default SMS tone and Voicemail tone, and it works. But it seems to work more than it should: When I recieve a voicemail, the voicemail tone sounds. Then when I am finished listening to my voicemail and I hang up, the voicemail tone sounds again because (I am guessing) the phone has recieved notification that there is no longer voicemail.

Also, when I text message another Verizon customer, the txt message at first appears in gray, and then the text turns black when my phone recieves confirmation that the message was delivered to the recipient's handset. When the text turns black, the predefined text message tone sounds again, most likely because it thinks I've recieved a text message, when in fact I have only recieved a delivery confirmation (this does not show up as a text message).

The phone knows how to differentiate between actual text messages and text message confirmations, as well as between a voicemail notification and a "no voicemail" notification (you only hear the default notification sounds when you should). It seems that mRing can't make this distinction. Does this happen to anyone else?
  2.    #2  
    This thread has a lot of views, and no responses. Am I the only one with this problem? Can anyone else confirm recieving SMS & VM notifications at these times (when they shouldn't be recieving notifications)? Just curious. No response from motionapps yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by splufdaddy
    This thread has a lot of views, and no responses. Am I the only one with this problem? Can anyone else confirm recieving SMS & VM notifications at these times (when they shouldn't be recieving notifications)? Just curious. No response from motionapps yet.
    I hate bringing up old threads but I'm experiencing this problem, too. Is this still something that happening to you? If it stopped did the developer fix it or did you find a way around it? TIA
  4.    #4  
    Sorry to say that this still happens. I've got used to it, and I actually expect and wait for the "no voicemail" and "txt msg recieved" tones now. If you do find a fix, please let me know!

FYI, I'm using v2.6.
    I'm using 2.8 and it's still doing it... I've gotten used to it also but was hoping some kind of fx came out or something. I'll post if something new happens... you do the same... Thanks
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm using 2.7 and I had to give up using a SMS, MMS or Voice Mail notification that was a .mp3 or .wav because of 2 reasons.

1) It did the exact same thing you explained only when (see #2)
    2) My 650 would reset almost every time I got a voice mail, sms, or mms that triggered mRing to use a .mp3 or .wav

I ended up having to use a basic sound from the pre installed ring tones in the 650 and it works fine like that, but I'd like to use my own notifications.