1.    #1  
    My original Treo 650 had a dead pixel in the screen that showed up on dark backgrounds. Called P1, and they shipped me out a new one. The sent me the entire box with cables, software and manuals?

Has anyone else recieved a replacement phone directly from P1? Do they want just the old phone or the entire contents that was in the box?

It sure would be nice to have an addition power and sync cable.

Any thoughts, Thank You.

Tripp
    Uh uh, they expect to get back what they sent you. The easiest thing is to take the new phone, put the old phone in the box they sent you without touching anything else, and sending it back. I dont think palmOne is in the business of giving away power and sync cables. You will most likely get charged for those items if they are missing then they inspect the box.
    Last edited by ZBoater; 02/24/2005 at 08:01 AM.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Trippank,

I'm waiting for a replacement 650 myself. Palm had told me they would ship overnight, but then they shipped USPS. How long did it take you to get your replacement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippank
    My original Treo 650 had a dead pixel in the screen that showed up on dark backgrounds. Called P1, and they shipped me out a new one. The sent me the entire box with cables, software and manuals?

Has anyone else recieved a replacement phone directly from P1? Do they want just the old phone or the entire contents that was in the box?

It sure would be nice to have an addition power and sync cable.

Any thoughts, Thank You.

Tripp
    No, there is nothing free here. They expect the whole thing back, battery and cables included.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I wonder if just sending back the new stuff is ok. That way you don't have to rebox your peripherials and they aren't the problem anyway. I'm surprised they sent everything, but I guess since it's new they want to replace new with new. Usually with warranty replacements they just send you the part that's broken.

Joe
  6.    #6  
    Floater, I ordered it on Tuesday and recieved it the following Monday.

They probally don't have any extra unboxed 650s around for warranty, so they just send a boxed up one.

Tripp
    I had the same prb with my Treo 600. They sent me in total 8 units, every single one had something wrong. I sold the last unit they sent me on Ebay and went to a buy a new one at the local at&t (at that time) store.

If you have a working unit, just keep it !!!

By the way I already returned my 650 (AT&T) just too many bugs on this unit and switch to PPC with a Siemens SX66 (more stable). Will give P1 an other try why they will support WIFI.