1. Cas
    So I just got my HBH660 and first thoughts... Easy to set up, once you figure out how to put it on it's not uncomfortable, good back ground noise canceling, speaker volume is good, and others say sound quality is like a speaker phone but with no background noise.

My qu is do all headsets sound like your on speaker phone to the person you are calling? And do you get better clarity when using the phone without the headset?
    Well... after asking all the people I regularily call about the quality of the audio during the call via the HBH-660 I've gotten the following comments:

My sister stated that she'd never have guessed that I was on a headset. FWIW she's not terribly particular about call quality - she mostly just cares that she can hear the other person.

My Girlfriend stated that I sounded fine but that she could hear herself in an echo as she spoke. reducing the volume on the headset usually cures this problem

My Mom said the call quality was horrible and that it sounded I had her on speaker phone and was yelling from another room.

Another lady stated that the call quality was excellent.

All individuals called did state that call quality was better when I switched from the headset to the phone.

Listening to voicemails I've left my home phone I will agree that it sounds a little like I'm on a speaker phone. The headset seems to do best when in a somewhat noisy environment and performs worst when I'm at home (wifi network and bluetooth enabled laptop/desktop).

Over all the HBH performs better than the Jabra BT200 and Logitech Bluetooth Mobile headsets I have in terms of quality of call but its not perfect. If there's a perfect BT headset out there I've not found it yet but the HBH fits my needs for wireless hands free conversations for now.
    Try using it in a loud environment and get back to me.
    How does it compare to the Scala 500?
  5. Cas
    Having played with the 660 for a longer period of time my view of it has changed...

I now say that the outgoing quality is very good, 1person said that I sounded better on the 660 than the treo 650! Another could not tell the difference. The only person who said it sounded worse was a friend who was using a 650, then he changed his mind and said there was nearly no difference

The 660 picks up call quickly and easily. The range is fairly good too I can get about 15ft away before any static and it starts breaking up around 25ft.

Two downsides. First, I find that it is not the most comfortable to wear for long periods of time over 2hrs, the ear lop pinches my ear and it becomes sore. Second, I canít hear people too well when I'm in a noisy area, the speaker is not loud enough but they can hear me just fine... Both of my downside should be fixed when my Eargels get here, then there should be no downside.

I can't compare to the Scala 500 yet, but my friend with the 650 is getting one but its out of stock... when he gets it I will compare both the headsets.
    Last edited by Cas; 02/25/2005 at 06:39 AM.
    Love the 660. Only concern is losing the ear loop piece which can easily come off the post. Has anyone lost this piece or had issues with it being too lose?
    alas, the hbh is a great headset,,,but I have lost my ear loop somewhere in central florida. not particulary helpful since I live in allentown, pa. the hbh-660 loses its coolness factor when u have to hold it up to your ear to talk. anyone know where I can get a replacement ear loop? Shelling out money to buy a whole new one is not in the cards. any help would be great
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin4740
    Well... after asking all the people I regularily call about the quality of the audio during the call via the HBH-660 I've gotten the following comments:

My sister stated that she'd never have guessed that I was on a headset. FWIW she's not terribly particular about call quality - she mostly just cares that she can hear the other person.

My Girlfriend stated that I sounded fine but that she could hear herself in an echo as she spoke. reducing the volume on the headset usually cures this problem

My Mom said the call quality was horrible and that it sounded I had her on speaker phone and was yelling from another room.

Another lady stated that the call quality was excellent.

All individuals called did state that call quality was better when I switched from the headset to the phone.

Listening to voicemails I've left my home phone I will agree that it sounds a little like I'm on a speaker phone. The headset seems to do best when in a somewhat noisy environment and performs worst when I'm at home (wifi network and bluetooth enabled laptop/desktop).

Over all the HBH performs better than the Jabra BT200 and Logitech Bluetooth Mobile headsets I have in terms of quality of call but its not perfect. If there's a perfect BT headset out there I've not found it yet but the HBH fits my needs for wireless hands free conversations for now.
    what about compared to the cheaper Sony 500??
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    One addtional note on the HBH-660 that's a big plus from my point of view is the battery gauge. With all the other TB headsets I've tried it comes as a surprise when the thing runs out of battery. Not with the HBH660. The callerid isn't terribly useful, since it's teeny and, really, I can just look at the phone. But that battery gauge is great!