1.    #1  
    Considering the gargantuan effort involved in bringing the amazing Treo 650 to market... I find it inconceivable that they would only support 10 or so bluetooth headsets!! I have a Sony Ericsson / Akono HBH-300.. this is a superb headset (the longest boom in the industry) considered to be THE WORKHORSE of the industry, I think it's the best there is, and I can't use it with my much anticipated T650. C'mon PalmOne... get it together in this area, the ONLY reason I sold my 600 to trade up was BECAUSE OF BLUETOOTH! Anyone got any suggestions for me? THANKS Hank in Key West.
    I've got a HBH-300 and it works very well with my 650. Quick connect and good sound quality. What difficulty are you having with yours?
    I think he is referring to the lack of Handsfree profile support (ie. when dialling from the Treo, you have to manually press a button in order transfer the call to the headset).

However, according to another user, Handsfree profile DOES work but somehow is corrupted if a soft reset EVER takes place. I have never tested this personally since backup utilities still haven't reached the level of perfection they were pre-NVFS days. Check it out here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=569436
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoT
    I've got a HBH-300 and it works very well with my 650. Quick connect and good sound quality. What difficulty are you having with yours?
    Very interesting, are you sure you have 100% functionality? Mine does not work on an automatic (true functionality) basis... to make a call you have to dial the phone AND press the button on the headset (shouldn't have to do this).. voice commands for initiating a call don't work, and on and on. PalmOne themselves say this headset is not supported... go to: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/bl...atibility.html
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    I think he is referring to the lack of Handsfree profile support (ie. when dialling from the Treo, you have to manually press a button in order transfer the call to the headset).

However, according to another user, Handsfree profile DOES work but somehow is corrupted if a soft reset EVER takes place. I have never tested this personally since backup utilities still haven't reached the level of perfection they were pre-NVFS days. Check it out here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=569436
    Right on rudychow... that's exactly what I'm talking about, I don't know about soft resets, but the headset is just plain not supported, and I'm sick about it... ie. reaalllly busy and don't have time for this "much awaited" nonsense... really let down over here.
    tundycentral /rudychow,

it's really easy to get your phone working properly with the 300 to do it without a hard reset etc. Use filez or the built in program and delete the bluetooth device cache file. Go into the bluetooth mgr, and delete the MAC address from the trusted device list. Pair the device again to the phone. Make sure you don't do a soft reset or pull out the battery and it will work with full functionality...
    Tried your method gene, but it doesn't change anything. Incoming works fine as it always has. But I'd still need to press the button on the HBH-300 to transfer an outgoing call to the headset.

Here are my settings (mine's a GSM unlocked 650 btw):-
    Device name cache: Enabled
    Discoverable: Off
    DUN: Off

Does anyone else experience anything different?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    maybe there is another file with the gsm since i have the sprint version. I would hard reset and start over. You get pretty fast at reinstalling your programs after doing it for the 12th time!
    Again, no voice commands on any bluetooth headset work with any phone. And I would not expect this functionality in the near future. Hopefully by the fall.
    I don't know if it's sold anymore, but Sony Ericsson's HBH-35 works for me (Cingular 650) - don't have to press any button to transfer the call to the headset.
  11.    #11  
    Can you place and receive calls with your HBH-300 without ever touching the Treo650?
    Tundycentral, unfortunately you must initiate all calls with the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Can you place and receive calls with your HBH-300 without ever touching the Treo650?
    1. When a call comes in, the Treo rings, and almost instantaneously the HBH-300 rings. When I press the button on the HBH-300 it answers the call and I can start talking.

2. Outgoing calls on the other hand, I have to dial from the Treo, press the HBH-300's button to initiate a connection, and then I can start talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    2. Outgoing calls on the other hand, I have to dial from the Treo, press the HBH-300's button to initiate a connection, and then I can start talking.
    That's weird, with the HBH-35, I dial on the Treo and the call is automatically transferred to the headset.
  15.    #15  
    Hey Gene!
    Not sure what you mean by MAC address? .. anyways, my machine continues to reset itself (with a 32k SIM, no less) over and over, making the deletions and re-installs moot according to your post... I guess I'll spend an hour or two in the Palm1 phone-que-from-hell tomorrow and get this thing replaced, before I trade way down to an HBH-660.. sheeesh.
    You've been awesome with your suggestion and efforts, thank you.
    For all of you that have actually had suggestions for this issue, thank you... truly.
    Ordinarily, it wouldn't be any big deal for me to simply replace just any headset, the killer for me here is that this HBH-300 has been awesome with a number of other BT enabled phones that DO SUPPORT it's profile. I'm really stubborn about giving it up also because I use it for extended periods without the ability to recharge and no other headset (660 included) that even comes close to it's standby and talk time... and oh yeah, the noise cancelling ability is 2nd to none... add that long boom that puts the mic right next to your mouth... man, why the hell would anyone want to change?

Finally - OK here goes... I would be going against my nature to not tell it like it is, if y'all don't like candor, stop reading here.... For all of the die-hard, love-palm1-no-matter-what, illiterate mealy mouths that never really read what I was asking before (and it was obvious) those of you that simply paid lip service... get a life, get out, get some fresh air and stop wasting everyone's time in this valuable forum, jesus you come across like pathetic trekkies... honestly... that feels much better, thanks.
  16.    #16  
    Moppet52, you stated: "Again, no voice commands on any bluetooth headset work with any phone. And I would not expect this functionality in the near future. Hopefully by the fall."
    Sorry to have to inform you... you're just wrong, man.
    Where do you get this from?
    I've had a number of phones, take the Sony-Ericsson T637 as the latest example, that do initiate the call and voice dial out just fine... worked seemlessly with the HBH-300 with full functionality... I gave it up the T-637 because my hands are too big for that tiny little thing, but mostly, I too love the palm platform and the 3rd party databases and apps that work with it.
  17.    #17  
    Andrew77, thanks for the info, I'm sure you're right, it is, after all, on the list of Palm supported Bluetooth headsets (see: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/bl...atibility.html) but the fact remains, the HBH-35 is out-of-date, has been replaced by the HBH-300, has an abyssimal battery life and is completely undesirable by any seriously busy person. What most people here in the forum (that have been responding negatively) fail to understand is that the mere fact that Palm even listed headsets like the HBH-35 and HBH-65 as part of the extremely limited list of compatible devices speaks volumes about how little they care about the savy bluetooth community... THAT is what pisses me off.. it's freaking insulting, nothing less... You guys think I'm seathing? Hah! wait a month or so for when Europeans start receiving their units and begin this lameness discovery on their own... BOOM baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Moppet52, you stated: "Again, no voice commands on any bluetooth headset work with any phone. And I would not expect this functionality in the near future. Hopefully by the fall."
    Sorry to have to inform you... you're just wrong, man.
    Where do you get this from?
    I've had a number of phones, take the Sony-Ericsson T637 as the latest example, that do initiate the call and voice dial out just fine... worked seemlessly with the HBH-300 with full functionality... I gave it up the T-637 because my hands are too big for that tiny little thing, but mostly, I too love the palm platform and the 3rd party databases and apps that work with it.
    I probably should have clarified. I meant no PPC or PalmOS based phone will allow voice dialing through a bluetooth headset. The Bluetooth stack on these devices for some reason have not been set up to use this functionality (no idea why this is... seems like it would be one of the first things they would try to make work on these devices). Did not know that the SE phones allow you to do this. But as I said in another thread, the Treo is a smartphone whose value is mostly based on it's combined functionality of phone/PIM/3rd party app device. It really should be compared to PPC and Symbian smartphones (Nokia Communicator's, SE P910) and not anything else IMHO. And as far as I know (not sure about this... owned a SE P900 a LONG time ago, the Symbian based phones do not support bluetooth voice dialing... but I could be mistaken... but you might want to look into it if you like SE devices).
  19.    #19  
    Moppet...
    I meant no PPC or PalmOS based phone will allow voice dialing through a bluetooth headset. The Bluetooth stack on these devices for some reason have not been set up to use this functionality (no idea why this is... seems like it would be one of the first things they would try to make work on these devices). Did not know that the SE phones allow you to do this. I haven't tried it yet but both Palm (Voice Signal) and a product called Voice Launcher both claim to provide voice dialing etc. on the 650. The only reason I haven't tried it is that I haven't even accomplished the basics with the headset I have. But as I said in another thread, the Treo is a smartphone whose value is mostly based on it's combined functionality of phone/PIM/3rd party app device. I know I came off as really abrasive in previous posts, chalk it up to the anger over palm1 promising and not delivering (in a reasonable manner). The 650 does not support high end [current] bluetooth headsets... they said it would... they should have delayed the release date. "COMBINED FUNCTIONALITY" Thank you so much for being the first to address this. Sadly, the Treo 600 was in many ways better at this than the 600. We have to be honest here... the 650 and it's menus are more convoluted and squirrelly than the 600's. They've removed the logical customization and added foofoo crap.
    T.C.