1.    #1  
    Im a perfectionist and likewise, when i first inserted my SD card I hated how much it stuck out from the top. So from the guidance of certain threads here on Treocentral (and out of sheer boredom) I decided to shave of the bottom of my 1GB SD card with an Xacto knife, sand it smooth, and color it with a metallic silver sharpie pen. I used the dummy treo card as an template.

This modification took only 15 mins and now I can stare at my treo without dry heaving.... jk. But really it looks a lot better in my opinion. Oh and the card works perfect. enjoy.

http://xs17.xs.to/pics/05084/Treo.jpg
    Wow. You are a brave person. My congrats to you. It looks good.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    if that is/was the 650...why did you do it?

if it is/was the 600 i understand
    I dont/didnt understand your post/comment.

This thread isnt about altering the treo 650 at all. Its about altering the SD card that goes in the treo 650. Furthermore, this modification doesnt do anymore harm than taking out your SD card and putting in the dummy SD card that came with the device.

The point here was to make the SD card look similar (if not identical) to the dummy SD card that came with the device. Its a matter of aesthetics.
    yeah sorry i knew i didnt make any sense

what i meant was:

Which unit are you using this shaved down SD card with....Im assuming Treo 650
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    yeah sorry i knew i didnt make any sense

what i meant was:

Which unit are you using this shaved down SD card with....Im assuming Treo 650
    Gotcha. I did it because im a perfectionist like that. Most other normal human beings would be just fine with the 1mm or so extra plastic sticking out of the top but Im a design freak and I need to have it flush.
  6.    #8  
    possibly about as hard as ejecting the dummy card... maybe a tad bit easier. Ive accidentally ejected the card a few times in the past before the modification but ever since then its been sittin pretty
    I do n't think, i will do so, for following reasons;

1. Your reselling value goes down with a modified card. I am sure will have 2 and 3 gb cards in few months and will need to get rid of 1 gb card.
    2. I use my card in camera , USB adapters and will therefore will not be advisable to shape it for one device.
    3. Ejecting the card is going to be slightly annoying .