Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    So I've got my Treo 650 and Mac supposedly syncing (Address Book and iCal) with iSync 1.5. But sync is a misnomer. All that ever happens is that my Mac overwrites my Treo. It's completely frustrating. I'll add a new contact on my Treo and after my next sync, it's gone. But if I add it on my desktop the contact get transferred. Same thing with events via iCal and Calendar.

    Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
  2. #2  
    Did you check the conduit settings in the iSync conduit? I only ask because mine is working fine.
  3. zand's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    #3  
    Working perfect here, so are you sure all your settings are correct?
  4. #4  
    Working fine for me as well.
  5. #5  
    Me too. My guess is that you've got your iSync conduit set up to do exactly what you describe.
    Work is the province of cattle
    --Dorothy Parker
  6.    #6  
    Well, I'm glad that it can work. But it certainly hasn't been for me. What conduit settings am I supposed to be checking? Because when I look for settings, there really aren't any. There's a couple of check boxes to indicate that you want to sync your contacts and calender. There's a preference for putting events as Home/Work. You can use sync slowly and there's an option to ignore old Palm events. Am I missing something?
  7. #7  
    You're right, NichloasX. The settings aren't in iSync. If you're using Missing Sync, they're in the Synchronization Settings for Contacts and Calendar. That's where you can tell it to sync, or overwrite from one source or the other. Have you checked there?

    If you're using the Palm Desktop, I imagine there's something similar there.

    Hope this helps.
    Work is the province of cattle
    --Dorothy Parker
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, I'm only using iSync. I've never used Palm Desktop nor have I ever used Missing Sync.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicholasX
    Yeah, I'm only using iSync. I've never used Palm Desktop nor have I ever used Missing Sync.
    Well, I could be wrong about this. But you have to have one or the other installed in order for iSync to work. Otherwise there are no conduits to tell iSync which way to synchronize data between the two devices. Have you done a search for Palm Desktop? It should be in your Palm folder. There is also a Conduit Manager in there. That's where you can configure your conduits.
    Last edited by WoodWorks; 02/24/2005 at 06:49 PM.
    Work is the province of cattle
    --Dorothy Parker
  10. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    #10  
    Well, it's got to be working somehow, seeing as his handheld gets overwritten. This is abnormal, to say the least.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWorks
    Well, I could be wrong about this. But you have to have one or the other installed in order for iSync to work..
    All you have to have installed is Hotsync Manager and Conduit Manager. Palm Desktop just kind of tags along for the install. For iSync you actually don't configure your conduits in Conduit Manager. You configure the settings in iSync.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicholasX
    All you have to have installed is Hotsync Manager and Conduit Manager. Palm Desktop just kind of tags along for the install. For iSync you actually don't configure your conduits in Conduit Manager. You configure the settings in iSync.
    I can't check this, because I use Missing Sync. But you may want to check the settings in Conduit Manager. In Missing Sync you can set conditions in Contacts and Calendar independent from iSync. It could be that you have the settings in Contact Manager set to overwrite your Treo data every time you sync. If that's not the problem, then I'm afraid I'm stumped.
    Work is the province of cattle
    --Dorothy Parker
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kastegir
    Did you check the conduit settings in the iSync conduit? I only ask because mine is working fine.
    Here's my question: how many of the fields in an address book entry get transferred to the Treo?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    Here's my question: how many of the fields in an address book entry get transferred to the Treo?
    Not enough!

    Work, Home, Fax & Mobile phone numbers. One email address, and home address. No work address, no other email addresses, no bithdays, anniversaries. It's a problem with the Palm OS, and it sucks.
    Work is the province of cattle
    --Dorothy Parker
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWorks
    Not enough!

    Work, Home, Fax & Mobile phone numbers. One email address, and home address. No work address, no other email addresses, no bithdays, anniversaries. It's a problem with the Palm OS, and it sucks.
    Is it a problem with the Palm OS, or the Palm conduit? The Palm Desktop app can add two addresses and birthdays.

    Is it true that the home address must be the first address in the MacOS X address book for an address to be transferred at all?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    Is it a problem with the Palm OS, or the Palm conduit? The Palm Desktop app can add two addresses and birthdays.

    Is it true that the home address must be the first address in the MacOS X address book for an address to be transferred at all?
    Dunno. I guess some experimenting is in order, unless someone here has already done it for us.
    Work is the province of cattle
    --Dorothy Parker
  17. #17  
    I get this error....
    HotSync 3.2.1 started 2/26/05 5:14:24 PM
    Loading “Conflict Notifier”
    Notifier 'Conduit Conflict Notifier' version 1.0.0
    A conflict in the installed conduits has been detected. This is caused when more than one conduit is using the same PIM data type (e.g., Address Book vs. Contacts). To allow synchronization to proceed, use the Conduit Settings dialog to turn off the extra conduits for this user, or drag the extra conduits to the Disabled Conduits folder.
    The following conduits are in conflict:
    iSync Conduit
    Contacts
    The following conduits are in conflict:
    iSync Conduit
    Calendar
    The following conduits are in conflict:
    iSync Conduit
    Tasks
    Conduit Conflict Notifier halted the HotSync operation during the <Sync OK> notification.
    HotSync Canceled 2/26/05 5:14:28 PM

    How do i solve this??? Its seems like the Palm Desktop and Isync is trying to synchronize....How can I disable the Palm Desktop from synching....
    If i go under the conduit settings and stop synching the address book and contacts...Isync works but syncs no information.....(
  18. #18  
    I had the same problem, and I solved it by deleting (not just disabling) the conduits in Missing Sync that were installed by the Palm Desktop application. Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks remain, and are "On." Delete Address Book, and the other two conduits that conflict with Calendar and Tasks. Since I deleted them, I cannot now remember what their names are. Hope that helps.
    Work is the province of cattle
    --Dorothy Parker

Posting Permissions