Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sounded promising, but no workie here.
    The speakerphone volume on my unlocked 650 is volatile. One call to the next I never know what I'm going to get. I've seen the volume change mid-call. When it works properly the volume is acceptable. I wonder if the software driving the speakerphone is the problem rather than the hardware? My gut says the software is the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcmullin
    The speakerphone volume on my unlocked 650 is volatile. One call to the next I never know what I'm going to get. I've seen the volume change mid-call. When it works properly the volume is acceptable. I wonder if the software driving the speakerphone is the problem rather than the hardware? My gut says the software is the issue.
    my experience has been the same.
    thanks Victor for that tip - worked well for me. i maximised volume in Realplayer and thereafter the speakerphone volume for calls became quite a bit louder and acceptable. The volume control rocker on the left can still be erratic and needs to be maximised also. now need a fix for earpiece volume..
    so whats the status on this?? has anyone figured out if its software related or hardware? i just got my GSM Unlocked Treo 650 a few days ago and I am experiencing the same problem.

Mike
    The speakerphone is pretty much useless.
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I've followed Viktors advice, and it worked for me. I expect you know that you have to confirm the adjusted volumesetting by pressing the "Side key" to get it sticky...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    I had the volume problem a while back. All of a sudden, it was much better. Just checked Realplayer (like Victor said) and sure enough, last time I used it I turned the volume all the way up. Tested at different settings it seems to make a difference. Weird...is it possible for one to effect the other or just my imagination (aka) wishful thinking?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12