Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just a quick question ..does the DUN Hack work as an alternative to PDANET.

I purchased PDANET for 600 and was thinking about having to purchase for 650 although it would be nice if they had a discounted fee for earlier versions.

But reading previous posts - It was mentioned that Shadow's DUN hack may work on a unlocked GSM/EDGE 650 without a program like PDANET.

Could someone advise.

Thanks in advance,

-a
    stageworks@usa.net
    Quote Originally Posted by stageworks
    Just a quick question ..does the DUN Hack work as an alternative to PDANET.

I purchased PDANET for 600 and was thinking about having to purchase for 650 although it would be nice if they had a discounted fee for earlier versions.

But reading previous posts - It was mentioned that Shadow's DUN hack may work on a unlocked GSM/EDGE 650 without a program like PDANET.

Could someone advise.

Thanks in advance,

-a
    If unlocked GSM, then you don't need either from the looks of the previous posts. If not, the DUN hack does take the place of PDANet. PDANet *is* discounted somewhat for previous PDANet registered users.

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    Yes but charging money for something the client has already paid for is dishonest, and this situation is outside the bounds of normal practice in the software industry.
    Seems like I've had to pay to upgrade the following: Windows (all versions), MAC OSX (all major point releases) Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Trillian, Norton Antivirus & Utilities and many more. So, how is this not the norm ? PDANet650 is a major rewrite as far as I can tell. Why shouldn't the developer be paid for his/their work ?

You could always download the Palm developer suite (freebie) and write your own app to do this. If you come up with something better than PDANet, you could give it away for free.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12