Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ##377# doesn't work anymore. it just sends me back to the phone application. I reinstalled the splash patch and still nothing? I really need this feature as I get tons of soft resets.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Quote Originally Posted by naked
    ##377# doesn't work anymore. it just sends me back to the phone application. I reinstalled the splash patch and still nothing? I really need this feature as I get tons of soft resets.

L
    Hi,

What makes you think this is related to TAKEphONE ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Shimon Ive Been Usuing Takephone For A Few Months And Really Enjoy It No Problems I Do Have A Question Are You Going To Put Out A Manuel That Explains All The Things It Does I Dont Think Im Usuing It To Its Potional.

Example: I Have No Clue What Pref/misc Buttons Can Do

Thanks In Advance
    Joel
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

What makes you think this is related to TAKEphONE ?
    Takephone is the only new application I have installed that has anything to do with the phone application. Takephone also tinkered with the phone button settings. And it stopped working once I removed takephone. I am reinstalling takephone now to see if I can get back the error message capabilities.

L
    Maybe you should run BtnFix:
    BtnFix quicky and easily resets the Treo's PHONE button function.

There are several applications out there (e.g. TAKEphONE, Datebook5, Agendus...) that take over the PHONE button.

If/when you remove any of those applications, you may encounter a situation where that button is left "hanging" - since the application assigned to it no longer exists, it behaves wrongly.

Normally, you could get over it by going to your system "Prefs" application, to the "Buttons" tab, and re-assigning the built-in "phone" application to that button (or pressing the "Default" button). To make things simpler - just install and run BtnFix, and press the "Go" button - this will fix the situation if needed.

Note: on the Treo 650 the "Prefs/Buttons" solution does not even work - it does not allow any change of that button assignment, so BtnFix is the only answer...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Takephone is the only new application I have installed that has anything to do with the phone application. Takephone also tinkered with the phone button settings. And it stopped working once I removed takephone. I am reinstalling takephone now to see if I can get back the error message capabilities.

L
    Hi,

What exactly went wrond with the ##377# code ?
    What happens when you enter it ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    Shimon Ive Been Usuing Takephone For A Few Months And Really Enjoy It No Problems I Do Have A Question Are You Going To Put Out A Manuel That Explains All The Things It Does I Dont Think Im Usuing It To Its Potional.

Example: I Have No Clue What Pref/misc Buttons Can Do

Thanks In Advance
    Joel
    There is a user-manual with the ZIP file. I am sure it may not cover everything, I might enhance it in the future.
    There is also help in the application preferences itself.

Hope this helps somewhat...
    Shimon Shnitzer
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

What exactly went wrond with the ##377# code ?
    What happens when you enter it ?
    It just flashes write back to the main phone screen. However, none of the favorites buttons are selected which is unusual.

Any thoughts? I reinstalled takephone and still nothing.

L
    Naked, just to double check, you do have a Sprint phone and not GSM right? If you have a GSM phone, it would be #*377 Dial
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Naked, I'm not quit sure if I'm following the problem that you're having but check out the following thread for what I think is your issue and how I resolved it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74684
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  11.    #11  
    scottymomo: GSM phone. And I have a GSM phone. But ##377#(dial) and #*377# both used to work for me.

millerhifi: I don't have any problems getting back into the app to dial. I can dial the code, but when I press it it doesn't do anything.

L
    You are referring to the OEM dial pad? And buy the way it is not #*377# (dial) it is #*377 (dial). And if you are using a GSM than ##377(dial) will not work! That is for the CDMA treo's.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  13.    #13  
    irregardless of what the code is. it doesn't work anymore.

?
    well I guess I can't help you then!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Hi,

TAKEphONE does tinker with the PHONE button, but that has nothing to do with the way the built-in application handles dialing codes.

May I suggest you do the following:
    1. Remove TAKEphONE.
    2. Do a soft-reset (just press the reset button - no hard reset).
    3. Go to the built-in PHONE application, to the dialpad, and punch in the code.

BTW - could it be that if there was no crash there is nothing to display - so it just returns to the dialpad ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    On my GSM phone:
    ##377# dial makes a network request and comes back to the dialpad

#*377# brings you right be the phone screen

#*377 dial should show you the error screen even if there is no error.

naked, did you install one of shadowmite's dialer patches perhaps?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."

L
    Perhaps I can help?
    Are you saying that you installed a patch to change the GSM splash screen?
    I need to know a couple things.
    1. What is your phones radio (I assume a GSM)
    2. Where did you get said splash screen?
    3. The file name of said file.
    Let me know, I have a hunch you installed a CDMA slapsh screen (since there are no GSM ones yet that I know of (other then build your own).

I think we can get this fixed for you. I'll flag this message for a SMS responce too to help you get this done quickly.

Regards, Matt
    This same thing happened to me. It turned out it was the spcs file that carried over from my Treo 600. This was the file that allows you to change the Sprint splash screen & allows you to see call duration. Turns out this file is not fully compatible with the Treo 650. Go to shadowmite.com & get the latest file for Treo 650...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    This same thing happened to me. It turned out it was the spcs file that carried over from my Treo 600. This was the file that allows you to change the Sprint splash screen & allows you to see call duration. Turns out this file is not fully compatible with the Treo 650. Go to shadowmite.com & get the latest file for Treo 650...
    Good info TreoNeo, but I wanted to hold off on that info untill we find out for shure if he had a GSM or CDMA version of the 650. I don't think even the new (650 friendly) splash screens can be used on both. I know most of the ones on Shadowmites site are the CDMA version. I also want to say even the cingular one may be a CDMA version that just has the cingular splash screen. I need to find out for hsure first.

However, that is my guess. Either he has a CDMA verison that the file transferd over with , which I think he does GSM from the way it sound, so he probably loaded a CDMA version (either 600 0r 650)and hoses the #* or ## functions and he needs to delete the PRC he loaded and he never notivced this issue (no ## or #* functions) untill after TAKEphONE just by chance.

Hopefully he will respond soon so we can get him fixed up.

Matt
  20.    #20  
    Sorry for my delay.

I did install the shadowmite dialer patch.

But I was able to get error msgs after that. Only recently has it stopped. I tried removing the patch and it didn't change anything.

However I don't think I did a soft reset before tried to reload he patch.

This was the problem. I appologize for my semi-'attack' against takephone. I have reinstalled it and I am playing with it without fear!

Thanks!

Luke
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast