1.    #1  
    I have ordered 2 Treo 650s with Cingular service, and have the following problems:

1. I cannot input "Other State" and have it save within the Contacts on the Treo. When I input this field, and then look at the record, it is not there!

2. I cannot Hard Reset my Treo. It will erase contacts, and let me get to Stylus config, but not a HARD RESET.

3. I cannot Sync Home Address or Other Address fields with my contact manager (Goldmine 6.5).

Anybody else having or not having these issues.

Please help. I call Palm, and they can't help, and said to call where I bought it. I call TreoCentral, who send me to their fulfillment place. Their fulfillment place sends me a new one, with same problem. They have no tech staff!

UGH!
    about number 2 you've sure you did the right thing?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    http://tinyurl.com/6xag3

how to do a hard reset
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Why do you feel that you have not performed the hard reset? Since you have already reached the Stylus config after a reset, I think you have already hard resetted your device, especially when your contacts are erased after the reset.

For the 3rd item, have you contacted Goldmine instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by emtreo
    I have ordered 2 Treo 650s with Cingular service, and have the following problems:

1. I cannot input "Other State" and have it save within the Contacts on the Treo. When I input this field, and then look at the record, it is not there!

2. I cannot Hard Reset my Treo. It will erase contacts, and let me get to Stylus config, but not a HARD RESET.

3. I cannot Sync Home Address or Other Address fields with my contact manager (Goldmine 6.5).

Anybody else having or not having these issues.

Please help. I call Palm, and they can't help, and said to call where I bought it. I call TreoCentral, who send me to their fulfillment place. Their fulfillment place sends me a new one, with same problem. They have no tech staff!

UGH!
    On #1, I dont know what "other state" means. That is not a field on the standard contacts app on the Treo. A goldmine thing perhaps?

On #2, remove the battery cover, and stick the stylus tip in the reset hole while you are holding on to the power button. Keep the power button pressed until you get to the grey Palm screen. When you let go, you should get an "Erase all data?" prompt. If you don't, you are not doing it right. Try it again. Hard resetting is one of the few things on the Treo that consistently works.

On #3, I don't know how the conduits work with Goldmine. I know that out of the box the Treo will sync with either Outlook or the Palm Desktop. I am assuming you are using a custom conduit, and somewhere in that conduit is where you need to look. The Outlook and Palm Desktop conduits that come with the Treo are relatively straightforward. You may have to reinstall the Goldmine conduits (if there is such a thing).

Good luck!!!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the comments, everyone. Here is more information:

1. I cannot input "Other State" and have it save within the Contacts on the Treo. When I input this field, and then look at the record, it is not there! If you go into Contacts, there is a little "+" that allows multiple addresses. Please check this for me... try adding all 3 addresses with all fields, then press "DONE" and see if all information 'sticks'.

2. I cannot Hard Reset my Treo. It will erase contacts, and let me get to Stylus config, but not a HARD RESET. In speaking to Palm tech, since it would not ask me to choose a language, that means it did not completely hard reset. Also, since the Cingular contacts stayed in memory, it did not do a hard reset. He thought that would solve #1, and therefore also a reason my unit (now units) are defective.

3. I cannot Sync Home Address or Other Address fields with my contact manager (Goldmine 6.5). I am using Companion Link, latest version. Perhaps this is the issue? Can others get all 3 addresses, all 9 custom fields, etc. to sync perfectly?

Thanks-in-advance!
    1. ?
    2. That is a hard reset. Language is only on P1 GSM, not Cingular. I have 2 phones neither prompts me for language. Cingular Favorites are in imbededed in Rom, they don't come out without a hack.
    3. No goldmine, don't know.
  8.    #8  
    Regarding item #1: When you go to create a NEW contact, do you see the blue "+" sign on the bottom right? Click it, and then you can add Address -- up to 3 per record. Add information to each of them:

123 Main Street
    New York
    NY
    USA

When you have done that for all 3 addresses (Work, Home, Other), press done. Then look at the record (not in Edit mode). Do you see all of the information sitting there?