Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I just received my 3-pack of PalmOne Treo 650 pen/styli from TreoCentral and all three are junk. None of them will slide fully into the Treo 650 without excessive force (which almost seals them into the phone!). Also, after 2 minutes of experimentation (i.e. trying to figure out why it wouldn't go in all of the way), the grooves on one of the pen caps actually recessed into the stylus housing. For $9.95, they're good enough to leave around in strategic places for spares, but they're certainly not good enough to replace the OEM stylus. I'd return them, but it hardly seems worth it.
    Last edited by aldamon; 02/23/2005 at 06:49 PM.
    Agreed!

Oh and if you do manage to force them all the way in, they're hard to get back out.

Complete garbage compared to the OEM stylus (my tip got busted -- anyone wanna sell one?)
    Are you sure that you bought the ones from TreoCentral? I bought the same pack and they fit perfect in my 650. No problems getting the stylus in or out.
    got mine from palmone and are great as well
    Mine are from CompUSA, but they're in the same PalmOne packaging... Same thing. After about 2 weeks they fit a bit better, (still sit about 1mm above the top of the Treo) but they're still crappy.

The thing that annoys me the most is how only 1 of the 3 in the pack is "straight".. The screw off tips of other two are off ever so slightly as to not make the overall stylus perfectly straight when the tip is screwed on.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Would you guys be willing to pay a little more for a nice stylus/pen, like Cross pen quality and heft?
    Probably..... Looking to have some made?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    yes I would pay more for a good penSty
    Bought the ones from TC a few weeks ago, but they were out of stock, so I ordered from Palm too. Rec'd Palm order first... they fit, but am I the only one that thinks the screw top is a pain... I mean it seems like a pretty long thread to unscrew (i've use many others before)... by the time I get the pen tip out and ready to use, I could've scratched the note in blood. So, I left the backorder with TC stand thinking maybe I'd get a different brand (When I ordered from TC before for Stylipen for 600 I rec'd different brand then Palm)...but nooooo, I get the same damn ones... PALM...

Anyways, mine all fit, I cannot imagine why you'd get longer Stylipens with same Palm brand and packaging. I've thrown out the screw tip on my first one, figured I could use the base for a stylus if need be, and the ball point is always ready to use...quickly. Since I now have six, seems like an easy experiment... I'll probably write on the damn screen with the ball point by mistake and cause a $300 problem...over a $3 pen...

So... to answer the last question (finally! sack of wind)... I WOULD DEFINITELY PAY FOR A BETTER PEN/SYLUS...preferably one as slick as the OEM model, but with an easy/quick to use ball point.

Let me know what you come up with or recommend.
    Stainless steel! Or maybe sterling silver for da playas. Platinum would just be too much -- ok maybe platinum or gold "plated"
    Mine are from Palm, and all are straight. Why pay for defective ones? Call them and ask if they will send you a return postage paid envelope.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Received mine from PalmOne. All 3 worked perfectly. They even fit better than the original stylus - more secure. Plus, the pen-styli are a tad lighter, which makes them nicer. The screws are a pain though, took me 10 - 12 turns to get at the pen. But then, it's nice to know that you always have a pen handy ...
    This sucks, I was looking for a replacement multifunction stylus for the 650 and I can't find any option on any of the sites like Pda Panache or Stylus Central:

http://www.pdapanache.com/index.asp

http://www.styluscentral.com/index.html

PDA Panache has some really cool styli fyi and I hope they release a 650 version soon...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    i like http://www.pdapanache.com/index.asp hopefully they release something for us soon
    Last edited by morpheus6d9; 02/24/2005 at 12:01 PM.
    Do you people really think these are good quality stylii?? The fit in perfectly? No tightness, no slight sticking out?

Maybe aldamon and I just got bad ones.. (or I have higher stylii requirements
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    Mine are from Palm, and all are straight. Why pay for defective ones? Call them and ask if they will send you a return postage paid envelope.
    You're right. I'm going to exchange them. I haven't had much luck with accessories so far. The USB / Sync cable I ordered from Seidio has developed a recessed power pin That's going back too.
    Yikes. I actually like the stylus which came with my Treo 650. I have no desire to get one of the pen/stylus combos which you folks are all complaining about.

Is there anywhere to get more like the OEM stylus I already have.

I've been searching and have found plenty pen/styli but no plain-jane variety.

Mine fits fine, too. I've never had trouble getting it in/out and it isn't loose either. It's kinda just right. I wouldn't mind having a spare.

ChickenHawk
    TreoCentral store has (or had, I haven't checked lately) a 3 pack of OEM stylii for sale. I have no complaints with the stock stylus, either, but it's handy to have a pen in the Treo for emergency purposes. I've used the one in my 600 more than a few times when I discovered I had no pen or pencil handy.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Do you people really think these are good quality stylii?? The fit in perfectly? No tightness, no slight sticking out?

Maybe aldamon and I just got bad ones.. (or I have higher stylii requirements
    I've personally had a great experience with pda panache styli in the past with other devices. I would love to see a multifunction sylus/pen combo from them for the 650...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We regret we do not currently support your Treo 650 with a custom stylus.

We do appreciate the suggestion, and we will consider it as we continue
    to improve our products and service.

We do have a number of different general-purpose styli that may be used
    with any touch screen if that is of any interest.

Please let us know if we may be of any additional assistance at all.

Best regards,

PDA Panache Corp.
    - Your Stylus Source Since 1993 -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast