1.    #1  
    Using Cingular GPRS Treo 650 with MediaNET Works ($19.99 unlimited , before they changed the media packages..):

Since I'm "paying" by bytes transferred, not by minutes connected, is there any reason to disconnect the data connections after using Versamail or Blazer?

Is the battery consumption less with GPRS disconnected?

Aloke
    What do you mean "paying by bytes transferred", 19.99 unlimited is unlimited isn't it? you aren't paying per use...
  3.    #3  
    You are correct (although I am keeping my fingers crossed until my first bill !!).

Anyhow, should I bother disconnecting or just leave the phone connected to the GPRS network forever...

Aloke
    Battery consumption will be less (not a ton) with it off. Mine disconnects after about an hour or so of non use anyway (cingular blue)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I leave mine on all day... I get disconnected by cingular (unlocked from palm phone) but was told by verichat developer that CIngular regularly "purges" their connections which is why i get booted out... bleh... don't like that
    Quote Originally Posted by vettenorlando
    I leave mine on all day... I get disconnected by cingular (unlocked from palm phone) but was told by verichat developer that CIngular regularly "purges" their connections which is why i get booted out... bleh... don't like that
    Does anyone know if T-Mobile does this? I've noticed I lose my GPRS connection at least a couple of times per day but my Treo automatically re-connects. However, it's kinda annoying b/c when it's in the process of losing the connection and reconnecting, my Treo hangs (only for a total of 3 seconds).
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005