Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Hello! I'm another newbie with a newbie question I couldn't find in the archives. I'm looking for a way to free up more memory on the RAM(Not the SD Card) side of my Treo. I'm using Zlauncher to run all my Apps from the SD card, and I also use Snappermail to store my emails on the SD card. Does anyone have any better advice for increasing my RAM which is currently at 4.3MB? I have ALL my apps on the SD card except for the ones Zlauncher won't allow me to move to the SD card(Contacts, Calender, Memos, etc...) Also, all the pictures from the camera are on the SD card as well, and not stored in RAM.

Any advice is appreciated!

Steve
    I'd say something is wrong if you're sure you have everything possible on the SD card and still only have 4.3mb left. Do you have numerous contacts, saved emails, etc, that might be consuming big chunks of memory?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    It would help knowing whats taking up your 19MB of RAM.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I do have ALOT of contacts(Maybe 1000 or so), but I'll look right now at what files are the bulk of it and post it in a minute...

Steve
    Do you have DocsToGo installed? If so, moving it to your card by using Dataviz's Tech Tool will free up a few megs.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    TR30, thank you very much! Come to look at it, just using ZLauncher to move DocsToGo to the card didn't move everything. I have alot of documents that I "thought" were on the card, but the app you suggested moved them there for sure. Now I'm up to 10 MB free. Thanks again!

You guys were very fast in replying to me, so thanks for that!

On another note, does anyone know a good Contacts/Calendar/Memos replacement App that allows storage on the SD card of all that info, and still interface with the phone part in the same way?

Steve
    Mark, others,

Don't be so surprised...I know many people whose contacts and calendar, todos and memos take up 15-20+ MB, thanks to NVFS.

(yes,and Doc2Go running off the card, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Mark, others,

Don't be so surprised...I know many people whose contacts and calendar, todos and memos take up 15-20+ MB, thanks to NVFS.

(yes,and Doc2Go running off the card, etc.)
    I guess I dont understand this, or maybe Im just not that popular. In order for you to take up 20MB with PIM data, even with the new file system, that is THOUSANDS of entries. I am sure there are some people that have that much data, but come on, really, what percentage of PDA users REALLY use up all that space with PIM data?

It is a different matter if you have some commerical applications, and, for example, have customer lists in your ContactsDB. In those instances, a Personal Information Manager becomes inadequate - something a bit more commercial, like MobileDB, which will most likely support SD cards.

Now, if I had a "little black book" with chicks names and phone numbers, and IT took up 20+MB, THEN, I tell you, THEN we would be having a BIG problem. Especially with my wife. She'd kill me.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!