Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a cingular treo 650 and of course you all know that lockline won't insure through cingular. Where can you get affordable insurance for the treo 650 without using my homeowners insurance? Thanks in advance for all your help.
    I have lockline insurance on a cingular 650. Asked for it when I ordered the phone and service, and it's indicated on my plan when viewed on their web site.
    Just added Lockline through AT&T.

Extra 4.99 a month and they've got a 15 day waiting period before it kicks in.
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
  4.    #4  
    The cingular store I purchased mine said lockline will not insure a PDA such as a treo 650, it was a corporate store
    Please all take a moment and search for the numerous other threads at these forums on LockLine and Cingular and PDAs. They will NOT cover you and you are wasting your money. YMMV.
    They do it for Sprint and Verizon. Why not cingular?
    I was offered the insurance when I bought my Treo 650 at a Cingular Store. After reading the threads here, I called Lockline. They suggested I have the coverage dropped, as they would not, under any circumstances, replace the phone.

That's about as definitive as it gets.
  8.    #8  
    If you have your treo 650 insured with lockline with cingular it is not covered. I called lockline and they said that it didn't matter whether the sales person added insurance, they do not cover it. It says it specifically on the messaqe when you first call lockline. Beware if you think that you have it just because the cingular rep added it to your account. I also talked to a customer service rep and they said it is not covered!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    They do it for Sprint and Verizon. Why not cingular?
    Because Cingular does not want to pay the higher premiums. They chose not to cover any PDA phones. It was not Lockline's decision.
    they should have offered lockline but with a higher deductible.

nextel's insurance is like that $35 for older models/cheap phones and $100 deductible for the higher end/new phones.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    $50 to replace the Treo 650 with Sprint....and no nasty overages ;-)
  13.    #13  
    Where can you get insurance? I've seen it on one of the forums but I can't find it. It was like $60 per year
    I think it might be State Farm if i remember correctly.
    State Farm will attach it to your homeowner's policy and if you submit a claim you will have to pay the homeowner's policy deductable. They do not offer a seperate policy. And even if you do cover it through them they don't cover defects or if you drop the thing and break it. They only cover if it is stolen.

Lockline's $50 deductable is a total of over $100 bucks if you pay insurance for a year at $5 a month PLUS invoking the policy to pay another $50. That's $110 total! There is the 1 year PalmOne defect warantee that you get with your purchase of the phone for free.

If anyone finds an alternative option for coverage please post it.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    No experience here, but there are a lot of satisified PowerBook owners (forums.macnn.com) that swear by it:

http://www.safeware.com

Might just be worth it? $60yr; knowing this group, you'd probably replace it in a year!

I also bought with the AmEx; sorry to thread-jack but does anyone know if their insurance covers anything other than extending the manufacturer's warranty?
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    From experience, some Cingular reps will unwittingly sell you a LockLine policy for your Treo. I carried a policy for my 600 for about four months when it was destroyed. I called LockLine with all my info, and after asking the rep to speak with a manager, they replaced my phone. They said it would be a "one time deal" since I had been paying the premiums. If Cingular sells you a policy for your 650, keep it. If the phone is damaged, call LockLine and go through the motions. If they don't replace the Treo, Cingular is obligated to under the terms of the contract since they sold you the policy. It may take some wrangling, but talk to the right person and your phone will get replaced.
    Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    No experience here, but there are a lot of satisified PowerBook owners (forums.macnn.com) that swear by it:

Might just be worth it? $60yr; knowing this group, you'd probably replace it in a year!

I also bought with the AmEx; sorry to thread-jack but does anyone know if their insurance covers anything other than extending the manufacturer's warranty?

SafeWare does NOT cover smartphones, which obviously includes the treo 650. Ive spoken with a customer service representative and she told me that they might introduce PDA phone insurance by the end of the summer but currently it is not available.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic

Thank you! Gotta check this one out.

Everyone that paid with a credit card should check out the card coverage available to you. I had to invoke the automatic insurance offered by Visa for a camera I purchased that was stolen. Basically they pay for the cost of a replacement. I don't know about defects and such, but I know from experience they do cover theft for a period of time. There is some paperwork involved and having to prove your case, but they don't try to intentionally deny you.
    I just got T-Mobile's insurance for my new unlocked GSM Treo 650. Its through Assurion and it costs $3.99 a month ($75 deductible for first 2 months, $35 thereafter). Also, you have to explain what the T650 is (they had no clue, asking if it was really a T600) and where you bought it (direct from PalmOne). They then ask for the IMEI number and you're done.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast